Hi everyone! I'm a Syrian/American who just moved to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for temporary work. I look forward to interacting with the community here.

welcome and dive right in

welcome to saudi arabia my friend

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to know if there were like weekly gatherings or events being set up around here that everyone attends to doing different kinds of activities.

Yes, we do have.
We have a champ named @Saimans who e-offers meet-ups to everyone and we (bad guys) always turn down his offers breaking his heart every time ... :lol:
C'mon @Saiman, Am just kidding around :lol:

No, @MkSirawan, unfortunately we don't do; but will love to.

Got you on that. So what activities do you guys mostly engage in?

MkSirawan wrote:

Got you on that. So what activities do you guys mostly engage in?

Mostly we just write posts for this forum :cheers:

Me : emoticon guy : http://www.funny-emoticons.com/smileys/work/doctor.gif ....
TLL :  MOFA Administrative adviser :cool:
Alliecat : Hit Women (shut don't tell her I told you, else we will all be dead !)

:rolleyes:

Anyone know any good gyms around here? I appreciate the help.

Welcome to SA,

wish you good stay.

Abu_Adel wrote:

(shut don't tell her I told you, else we will all be dead !)

No.. only you :P

WELCOME TAKE CARE WHILE DRIVE OUT+SOME DRIVERS ARE MUCH CARZY -KEEP AWAY FROM THEM-HAVE A NICE TOUR AND STAY SAFE-BYEEEEEEE

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Yes, we do have.
We have a champ named @Saimans who e-offers meet-ups to everyone and we (bad guys) always turn down his offers breaking his heart every time ... :lol:
C'mon @Saiman, Am just kidding around :lol:

No, @MkSirawan, unfortunately we don't do; but will love to.

Wish if we can union a coffee party. :lol:

@TMChaudhry
I do have a pretty good background of how the driving system works here. Driving here is like driving in heaven compared to where I was before coming to Saudi so I'm not really bothered by crazy drivers as that's how I usually drive. :)

MkSirawan wrote:

@TMChaudhry
I do have a pretty good background of how the driving system works here. Driving here is like driving in heaven compared to where I was before coming to Saudi so I'm not really bothered by crazy drivers as that's how I usually drive. :)

It takes a 7th sense to drive safe in KSA. You name it like 'expect the weirdest unexpected.'...whateva

Also, must be equipped with a highly resposive Auo-Braking-System (ABS) and an equally agile nervous system. :) Isn't it all too complicated?

I partially agree with you. It also depends on the driver, car (in terms of weight for example: SUV, sports car) and road conditions. But then again, it's just driving. You don't have to drive 200mph to prove that you can accelerate fast which that's what most drivers do and then consider themselves good or expert drivers. You have to drive the same way the locals do. By saying that I don't mean violating the law but to adapt to their way of driving like not blinking when changing lanes or swerving really hard.

Welcome here...

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Also, must be equipped with a highly resposive Auo-Braking-System (ABS)

"ABS" stands for Anti-Block Brake System: it prevents the tyres from blocking upon severe braking using a pulse system which enables you to steer while braking hard and hoepfully avoid accidents. You are right, ABS has become a must that all cars should have. Some fancy cars have some other braking systems besides ABS like: EBD (Electronic Brakeforce Distribution), CBC (Cornering Brake Control)and others.

MkSirawan wrote:

I partially agree with you. It also depends on the driver, car (in terms of weight for example: SUV, sports car) and road conditions. But then again, it's just driving. You don't have to drive 200mph to prove that you can accelerate fast which that's what most drivers do and then consider themselves good or expert drivers. You have to drive the same way the locals do. By saying that I don't mean violating the law but to adapt to their way of driving like not blinking when changing lanes or swerving really hard.

I agree! When in Saudi, partially do like Saudis do!