Expat Club Saudi Arabia! "interested? c`mon in!"

Hi Musicman,

Thank you for calling me. Should I study Precison, is this what you like to play.
Have you asked around.. are there any other possible players?
Maybe somebody on this blog would like to play...please...

Shut Down till further notice.

Mark, I like to play the Precision System of bidding in Bridge cos I think its a decent system to arrive at a suiutable contract between the partners without getting entangled into knots. Of course the partner will also need to learn the system to be able to tango, no doubt. But I can still play the old Goren or Shencken systems if need be.

The problem now is to find tow more people to play. I know a young chap who lives at Rumaizan Compound who wants to learn but that will sure be uncomfortable for us oldies to enjoy a good game, no doubt. Will look around and keep you posted.

I have some notes on Precision if you wouild like to study them. Its very simple even if it looks complicated at the start, just like everything lese new. Cheers! Have a great day.

I git book and some notes too. I will be OK...precision it is...TTYS

it is agreat idea

i hope be with u but i don't have time to meet you

but i will try

let me give you introduction to me

i am abdu

i am saudi

i am 28 years old

i am easy-going

so inform me when you decide the place and date

and i will try

thanks

Hey guys, look what I stumbled across!

There is a Bridge Club organised by Judith Davies, Tel: 456 4857 and the BAe Bridge Club is organised by Roy Deacon, Tel: 419 6600 x 2566 (w), 248 0101 x 104 (h)
Might be where you can find additional players?

Great Job Allie :top:

the guys should appreaciate it in my opinion.

Thanks Allie. Mark will surely be interested in those clubs. Too serious for me. They play as if the world will end when they lose. I just have fun. Winning or losing doesnt really matter. I used to be a part of a similar club in Muscat, Oman, in 1991/92 and my partner was a Brit Major from the MOD. Oh God, I learned all my Brit slang from him, no thank you. Nice feller, but hot rod under the collar, cant take a loss, sadly.

Not for me. Sports and games, as we were taught back in the old Colonial times, is how you play the game and not just winning or losing.... Thats the way I play.

How About a Casual meetup this Thursday in Riyadh ? Eh! ? :D

hey guys so I guess people from other cities can't participate :P

anyway if anyone from Jeddah would like to meet and go out to see places just let me know, we usually have outdoors activities every weekend :) people from different backgrounds and cultures.

"

everyone is welcome

"

Hi,

i m frenchman in KSA, a network of expat, very good idea.

Thanks

Hicham

je actif je cherche un autre emploi dans un autre lieu precisement saudi arabia.

to quote that famous movie ("Poltergeist"):

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack !!

Welcome Back Alliecat :p

Hi all,

I wud like to join d club.

r's

Hi all i m Robin  .....jst landed 2 months back in Riyadh.....nic to see people from different backgrounds...m looking for a job...if any one of u can help me...i m having six years of total work experience...out of which i have worked as a Cabin Crew for three years n cust service executive for almost three years......shall be thankfull...god bless u all.......

Welcome to Riyadh Robin. Feel free to ask around about anything :) Regarding your job, i would recommend trying to ask a few HR people around.

If it is still goes on, when and where will be the next !

OR, you all gave up already :)

hmm, I was actualy waiting for serious replies. ;)

I was thinking about weekends, anyone interested? perhaps thursday tomorow, or next weekend... shoot some ideas.

Salman

Robin, you should try SAMA or NAS, the two budget local airlines. flysama.com and flynas.com
Their websites have vacancies for your type of jobs.

Hello Musicman, hows life?:D

Salman, seriously weekends are good, i am in.

Thanx Saqib N Music Man ateast their r some people who understand problems of others,otherwise nobody cares about other person.Everyone wants to njoy themselves and are busy in Rat Race.Thanx for u r concerns.God bless both of u

Hi guys,

I don't know if I am too late or too early since I don't live in Riyadh yet.
I am waiting for the invitation letter so I can start with my visa.
Anyway, I'd love to meet people when I get there. I've been going through the forum a lot and I'd like to congrat Salman for your initiatives.
So, once I get there, I'll let you know and we can organise something, I guess in a compound first?

Hope to meet you guys soon. Fingers crossed :D

PS: Merry christmas and a Very Happy New Year to you all!!!

chounket

Why would you need a Visa to come to Saudi when your profile says you ARE Saudi?

Sorry,

My mistake.... Am French and live in Frace....hehe:D

cool...but im here in Khobar!!!!... i would love to join!!

chounket wrote:

Hi guys,

Anyway, I'd love to meet people when I get there. I've been going through the forum a lot and I'd like to congrat Salman for your initiatives.
So, once I get there, I'll let you know and we can organise something, I guess in a compound first?

chounket

Thanks chounket! :)

I appreciate your kind words. wishing you safe travel to where ever you go.

Salman

chounket wrote:

Hi guys,

chounket

Welcome to The Forum Nudget. Lets hope everything works out well for you.

Guys if you have a good event am in :)

but let me know when so I can take a plane to Riyadh.

also if you want to have events in Jeddah I would be more than happy to coordinate it

Ok here we go. I put my hands up:cool:

Cool action

I'll raise my hand for a good event, too...

Now, someone get to organizing one.

its on hold for a while untill we can organize something within compounds. ;)

Why Salman is talking about compounds is so that the ladies of this forum can attend, as well!

If the meet is at a public venue,  we'll be left out :(

Discovered a fabulous desert Safari Resort in a place calle DURMA about 60 km away from Riyadh on tghe Makkah Road where theres lots of great stuff available to do, in terms of sports, cars, horse/camel riding, good food, swimming, and entertainment. Visiting the place with my family, next Friday, on the invitation of the owners for a look. Will update accordingly.

For Twitter Freaks who want to Champion a cause:-
http://twibbon.com/

hello all,

Hi Burhan,

Welcome to Riyadh :)

musicman did you visit the Safari Resort? How was it ?

burhan wrote:

hello all,

Hello Burhan , Welcome to the Forum.
How about a short intro ?