Why do we want to emigrate

Why emigrate

I am not yet an expatriate, but I am looking for information about life abroad.
I am South African, and I would like to live in Australia.or ??????
I feel that life at 52 is in danger. My continuous battle to find proper employment in South Africa in order to survive is forcing me to look at the possibilities abroad. I am not affected by crime or racism but just the employment situation drives me mad. The battle to survive and to provide for me and my wife are driving me crazy. Both my sons are out of the house and try to make a living. But I want to be dependant and earn a good salary, so help me out there
I can speak Afrikaans English
My birthday is on 5 January, I was born in 1959
To emigrate or not. Maybe it's what they call a mid life crisis. Maybe it is to do with what we think we believe. Is it Crime? Maybe we should look closer to the crime factor .In your current resident country you read all the newspapers and crime does make good stories. Thus we believe that crime is so big that we feel we cannot survive in our own country. We don't read newspapers from other countries but yet we believe that crime only exist in our country. Dream on citizen – crime is part of the constitution of all countries. Its 1 of the major laws in getting rich quick. News reports on TV consist of 95% coverage of own affairs and 5% of overseas coverage. So people wake up. We only hear of 5% of overseas crime.
Maybe we feel tired of what we see in our country, but would like to see what goes on in the world. 2 Options . Tour the world or emigrate. Touring cost lots of money and probably 80% of people does not have the money. So the option to emigrate pops into our mind. Maybe we want to escape our own reality and the people we don't want to see. Another way of saying – I have had it for my country. Now I am going to emigrate and live forever in my new paradise
Yes maybe I want to see the world as well. Maybe I am tired of looking for employment and just want to get out of South Africa. But will I cope, will I survive.
There are millions of questions pestering my brain – all un-answered, all vague, all just drifting past
What is the best thing to do – Will anyone ever know what is right, what is wrong, what is Yay , what is Nay. Plse let me here your comments

Joseph van Der Poel

Hi Joseph, your thread has been moved to Australia forum for better visibility.;)

Wish you Good Luck,
Harmonie.

Hi Joseph,

I have never been to South Africa but I have read about life there over the years, and have read that crime and unemployment are a large part of everyday existence there. 

You do have a right to demand a better life for yourself and you do not have to be ashamed about that.  I wish you luck with that.

Regards,

Joe

Hey joe

I hear you man, what you are saying it true. Crime and unemployment is everywhere. Just because you don't hear about it abroad does not mean it does not exist. In south africa the reporting of crime in the media is nearly top of the list. You never hear the good stories no wonder people in south africa are demoralized and without hope. The media can blow everything out of proportion. It does not mean that one has to turn a blind ear or eye but just give every situation its fair amount of coverage. There are good things about south africa and there are bad. Just as there are good in other countries as well as the bad. South african know how to entertain and give parties, they are very friendly people and always ready to help and lend a hand. Jobs are few and far between but hey have you looked at the situation in europe lately. How the mighty is falling. South africans know how to survive. They are multi-taskers, all-rounders and can do the lot. I have yet to find people like that here in Ireland after living here for 10 years. If your toilet is blocked you gotta fix it yourself, because the plumber does not want to work on weekends or public hols. I was without heating in my house for 5 days between christmas and new year, because you just can't get people to help you because its holidays. (unemployment is at an all time high in ireland and climbing but I can't find somebody to make a few gates for my house typical hanymand type of simple jobs, just to give you some example that the grass is no greener over here. I can't get a hairdresser to do a proper job with my hair so I do it myself. I never thought I would miss many things that we take for granted in south africa. Think again. All the best.