tourist visas

#1 17 April 2012 08:16:47

agordo
agordo
Playa Del Coco

tourist visas

My question if you stay the 180 days, max on tourist visa.  How long do you have stay away to start another 180 days?

#3 17 April 2012 13:12:48

latigra
latigra
La Tigra, Morelos

Re: tourist visas

To the best of my knowlege all you have to do is exit the country.I have been living in Mexico for over 5 years renewing tourist visas. The shortest period I have been out of mexico was 10 days, but I have never seen or had it indicated that there was a time stipulation. paz, abby

#5 22 April 2012 03:28:59

joaquinx
joaquinx
Xalapa

People have exited and re-entered in the same day. It depends on the agent at the gate. Sometimes a day or two is required. But if they don't recognise you, you can enter the same day.

You can renew an FMM (tourist permit) up to 180 days total at a local IMN office. After 180 days, you have to leave the country.

#7 27 April 2012 12:52:25

privatouring
privatouring
Near Victoria, Tamaulipas

All State capitals and many other places have a office of the Secretaria de Gobernacion, Oficina de Relaciones Exteriores, that deal with "asuntos migratorios".   A person can renew his standard tourist visa there with relative ease.   They will ask for the same back up informatin as is required at the frotier.

El Gringo Viejo
Quinta Tesoro de la Sierra Madre
privatouring.blogspot.com

#8 28 April 2012 00:40:02

mojo79
mojo79
Khobar

Im going to mexico in few months and I want to know if it's ok to work without a work permit because i hear it takes a long time

#9 28 April 2012 00:43:11

joaquinx
joaquinx
Xalapa

mojo79 wrote:

Im going to mexico in few months and I want to know if it's ok to work without a work permit because i hear it takes a long time

It's OK as long as Migration doesn't catch you or no one (an unemployed Mexican) reports you to Migration. If so, then it's deportation time.

#10 28 April 2012 03:19:42

privatouring
privatouring
Near Victoria, Tamaulipas

You really should be somewhat careful about soliciting employment.   There are operators of illegal activities who can "draw you in" if it comes  to their attention that someone is really in need of a job or really wants to work on a remunerated basis.
     Unless you have you FMIII in order, working at a regular, taxes and withholding paid, type job is chancey.   Sometimes, if you just start helping around some place where find comfortability, someone....the bar owner or one of the regulars will ask you to do something for pay....and that can lead to a job, even as high up as managing a large furniture and appliance store in an upscale Monterrey suburb.  Paid in cash, of course.
     Discretion is very necessary.   And, you should never say "I work over at the 123 Bar in the Marriot Hotel"....Never say that "I work....(anywhere)."

1 member online in Mexico

Expatriate health insurance Mexico
Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Mexico.
>> Click here
Expat banking Mexico
Discover the benefits of expat banking for people living and working abroad.
>> Click here
Moving to Mexico
A few tips from professionals about moving to Mexico.
>> Click here
Travel insurance Mexico
Don't worry and travel happy across Mexico.
>> Click here