Bringing food / snacks to Saudi Arabia

Hi All,

Just days left for me to enter KSA, need to know what food can bring to the country that will help me for the initial few days.

Is it OK to bring packed food items (like some snacks / wafers / pickles / jams) in the flight ?

Are these packed food items allowed inside the country ?

I already know that one can't bring arms / weapons, liquor, drugs and medicines without prescription.

Thanks in advance,
Ghanshyam P Dave

@ ghanshyampdave :lol::lol:
No need to bring, you can get easily everything here
your arms they are going  traveling along with you
liquor you can get but non alcoholic.
Bring some Medicine which maybe use for you with prescription from the pharmacy

You can bring any food you want.  Just be sure it's in the checked luggage.

@ ghanshyampdave your gujarati or tamil, no worries you will get all Indian food here. everything dokala, iddi sambar :P

Thanks wilson & allie. My parents were concerned, what if their son does not get any vegetarian food there in the desert. ;)

So its safe to say that I need not pay the extra baggage charges for carrying my mom's packed food and some snacks ?

ghanshyampdave wrote:

Thanks wilson & allie. My parents were concerned, what if their son does not get any vegetarian food there in the desert. ;)

So its safe to say that I need not pay the extra baggage charges for carrying my mom's packed food and some snacks ?

You can bring whatever you want but wilson is right--I don't know about Indian food but there's a chain here called LuLu, Indian chain, and I think they must have everything.

Here??? I guess he's not coming here in Riyadh. Right?

If you get a LuLu, you'll get everything you are planning to bring along. Is a Lulu there in the eastern region?

@ ghanshyampdave your Gujarati and here you can survive with vegi not an issue. તમે બધા વનસ્પતિ ખોરાક મેળવવા અને તાજા કરશે

wilson_derry wrote:

તમે બધા વનસ્પતિ ખોરાક મેળવવા અને તાજા કરશે

I hope these are not bad words :lol:

Thanks again. Will add some weight to my luggage. :)

TheLegendLeads wrote:
wilson_derry wrote:

lol im not abusing its for dave mother tongue gujarati
its t he same repeated in English and Gujarati

TheLegendLeads wrote:

If you get a LuLu, you'll get everything you are planning to bring along. Is a Lulu there in the eastern region?

I'll google it. I'm coming to the Eastern Province (Dammam) :)

TheLegendLeads wrote:

'Here' means Saudi Arabia.  If they don't have a LuLu in the East, he can just hop on the train and come to Riyadh to pick up food AND partake in the party saiman is hosting ;)

its not only lulu, you will see many Indian groceries Super/ hyper Mart at Eastern Province Dammam

Saimans is hosting an e-party with e-coffee :(

wilson_derry wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:
wilson_derry wrote:

lol im not abusing its for dave mother tongue gujarati
its t he same repeated in English and Gujarati

Nah, it says "To use Vanaspati Ghee and make fresh food". @Wilson, forgive me if I'm not very good in my mother tongue.

@ TheLegendLeads & Alliecat order now what you want from India, ghanshyampdave for sure he will get something for us, once he visit Riyadh for coffee get in together :P

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Oh BLAH! :P

wilson_derry wrote:

@ TheLegendLeads & Alliecat order now what you want from India, ghanshyampdave for sure he will get something for us, once he visit Riyadh for coffee get in together :P

Actually, Wilson, I'm a baby when it comes to Indian food.  HOT is NOT a flavor! :lol:

@ ghanshyampdave from your name i know your Gujarati ;)

Alliecat wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:

'Here' means Saudi Arabia.  If they don't have a LuLu in the East, he can just hop on the train and come to Riyadh to pick up food AND partake in the party saiman is hosting ;)

LuLu found in Al Khobar.
That's close to Dammam right?

http://saudi.luluhypermarket.com/store.php?src=store

I'm sure Dammam has lot of super markets if not Gujarati people for Indian snacks.

Alliecat wrote:
wilson_derry wrote:

Actually, Wilson, I'm a baby when it comes to Indian food.  HOT is NOT a flavor! :lol:

No worries if your a baby than we will give you baby step Indian foods :lol:

@ ghanshyampdave keep in touch with Gujarati Samaj in dammam

Jubail Gujarati    
po box 11166,
Designation : Association
State : Ad Dammam
Country : Saudi Arabia     009663400070     [email protected]

Alliecat wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:

Oh BLAH! :P

Count me in for the e-'B'arty as well :P

wilson_derry wrote:

My 'b'leasure :P

wilson_derry wrote:

@ ghanshyampdave from your name i know your Gujarati ;)

I'm a Chennai-Born-Confused-Gujarathi :)
From your name, I know that you are from Mumbai :P

Alliecat wrote:
wilson_derry wrote:

Not everything that is Hot is Indian. And the corollary, Not every Indian food is Hot. :D

wilson_derry wrote:

Jubail Gujarati    
po box 11166,

Thanks Wilson, I'll contact them right away. And meanwhile my parents are wondering if I might find the right Gujarati Girl in Dammam's Gujarathi Samaj. ;)

There is Lulu hypermarket in the Eastern Province, it is located in 30th St (Prince Turky St.), Al-Khobar.

eddamylene wrote:

There is Lulu hypermarket in the Eastern Province, it is located in 30th St (Prince Turky St.), Al-Khobar.

Thanks eddamylene :) I found it on their website. 2 stores / hypermakts in Riyadh and one in Al-Khobar.

ghanshyampdave wrote:

Not everything that is Hot is Indian. And the corollary, Not every Indian food is Hot. :D

But is every Indian hot? ;)

Alliecat wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:

But is every Indian hot? ;) & spicy

:lol:

ghanshyampdave wrote:
wilson_derry wrote:

Jubail Gujarati    
po box 11166,

Thanks Wilson, I'll contact them right away. And meanwhile my parents are wondering if I might find the right Gujarati Girl in Dammam's Gujarathi Samaj. ;)

no worries eddamylene can guide you, include her in guju samaj :P

Alliecat wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:

:gloria Thank God I went thro this thread !!!

@ Dave - You can also join the e-party !!!

@ Dave - I can take you to Lulus to buy you Gathia, Jalebi and Fafda... All missiles names !!! lol

ghanshyampdave wrote:

Hi All,

Just days left for me to enter KSA, need to know what food can bring to the country that will help me for the initial few days.

Is it OK to bring packed food items (like some snacks / wafers / pickles / jams) in the flight ?

Are these packed food items allowed inside the country ?

I already know that one can't bring arms / weapons, liquor, drugs and medicines without prescription.

Thanks in advance,
Ghanshyam P Dave

:D bring some gujrati Ghotla perhaps you won't find in ksa.

Alliecat wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:

But is every Indian hot? ;)

We have ice cubes nothing to worry

wilson_derry wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:

But is every Indian hot? ;) & spicy

:lol:

HaHa good one Wilson :)

@Alliecat, why do you want to know about every Indian (that's 1.22 billion, and counting...)?? :P
You can google "Indian Hot" and see for yourself :lol:

wilson_derry wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:

no worries eddamylene can guide you, include her in guju samaj :P

I don't mind entering the Filipino Samaj (Society) either :P

saimans wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

:gloria Thank God I went thro this thread !!!

@ Dave - You can also join the e-party !!!

Hurray.. When is the next one ?????