Best US states for an immigrant

Hello Everyone,

I'm immigrating from Egypt to USA soon, but i still can't make up my mind about where to live. I'm looking at the map and I'm like Oh My God !

I kinda like the big cities life style, are big cities or small towns better for immigrants ?

I'm simply looking for a place where it's not too hard to find a decent job, a place to rent for a good price and be able to move around with no car for the first few months (I mean using Subway or Bus)

Any suggestions ?

hi sleeping panther where do u live in egypt ?
iam currently in hurghada but come from new jersy
let me know if you ve some time before leaving
egypt ; to have a cup of coffee or so ; that i could
eventually give you some recommandations ; iam here
untill the end of may before moving to paris myself

Hi, I am Italian and I am living now for the second time in the USA. In my experience, Americans are usually pretty friendly everywhere. However, I have experienced just big-city life. In a big city you will find more options and more diversity, which could be a good thing on the short and long run. However big cities that offer you a good transportation system are not many and they are usually expensive (like Boston, San Francisco, New York...). In most of the American Cities you will need a car. Right now we live in Charlotte, NC. Great weather, good home-prices and pretty safe neighborhood. Many Americans love Charlotte because you can live pretty well with less. However: you will need a car. Are you going to work here? if yes, that will for sure also play a role in the choice of the right city for you.

am coming to USA as a non-immigrant. i will stay for around 6 months. am going to North Darkota state on a tourist visa. Is it possible for me to get a job there? I would want to top up my visit with an experience or working in United states.

No. If you have a tourist visa you cannot work here. You can volunteer if you like to. If you want to work you need a working permit.