How's working as a nurse in oman?

I seldom read blogs of pinoy nurses working in Oman. Please let me know. I have passed the Nurse Licensure Exam of Ministry of Health of the Sultanate of Oman here in San Beda College in Manila last June 2010. We already filed our applications for working visa c/o Representatives of the MoH Sultanate of Oman. They said application time would take a minimum of  6 months. So... we are expecting to receive my visa in December this year. 45 days after that, we can receive our plane ticket to Oman.
I was offered $813 month salary to work as a medical surgical nurse in chosen hospital. From this time, I have kept myself oriented with the ways and means of going and living to oman thru the available websites in the internet posted by some foreigners. I can see that the place is vast and picturesque.
I wonder if the working environment in the hospitals there is at par with the hospitals in Dubai or Abu Dhabi.
It's also good to know that religion is quite diverse in Oman.
We can really thrive there without so much difficulty.
Please share your experiences in the hospital settings in Oman.
I would be glad to hear from many of you there.
God speed.

hi! are you in Oman already?..i'm also on the same situation where you were last year..i already passed the exam held at San Beda College two weeks back.. and is now waiting.. are you under any agency when u applied for it? how is it there? i'd really appreciate to hear about this.. thanks..=)

I was not deployed by my agency(Irekrut)yet but I heard many of the female nurses and very few male nurses have been sent to Oman already. With the current situation in Oman, I am still thinking thrice if I will still want to go there. The only thing that I like with the job offer is the 1 year contract and Oman is an open country. I might consider going to other places like Dubai, or any place in the Emirates. Still have to take the HAAD this April. For the meantime, my passport is still with the agency.

Just be patient... If you still want to lurk around and is not really hurrying going out to work abroad, Oman might be good enough to wait for. Currently, the MOH Sultanate of Oman prefers female nurses because they can take care of both male and female patients. Who knows? You might be one of the lucky nurses.

God bless!

hahahah! hi benchong! i also took the test at san beda and passed the exam and interview... good luck to us!!

hi is there anyone here bound to oman anytym soon?

hi i am bound to oman, my agency told me tentative date would be june... i had got my visa already and excited to work in one of the moh hospitals there.... i had my exam last feb 2011 and my interview on march. and thank god i passed. hope to see the beautiful place of oman soon.:D

Hi,everybody

wish all the best of all and welcome any time in Oman,GOOD LUCK

Regards

Hi,Sumitran

Yes you are right about it but i think it will change soon becuase the weather is flexible and we heard so many things about weather in the last times, So i HOPE the weather will be cool soon.

Have a nice time in Oman

Regards

Goodluck to you Gracey25. You're one of the lucky nurses to be deployed in the beautiful place of Oman. There is another batch of nurses to be recruited again by the MOH after june 2011. I saw them at the internet ads. They were female nurses again. Tell your nurse friends. They might be interested.
Godspeed!

Hi everyone,,

I'm also one of the nurses who took the exam last February 2011 at San Bede college,and thankfully Passed, my agency is MEGAPRO,
they advised me last week that i already have my Visa. Passed the Medical as well. So,later today i'll have my PDOS seminar.

goodluck to us...:D:D

Hi den_gianna!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

hi den im from mega pro also, i hope i could knew you in person so that if ist ok with you that we will share a house in oman to save more. instead renting it alone, hope to hear a response from u.

gracey25 wrote:

hi den im from mega pro also, i hope i could knew you in person so that if ist ok with you that we will share a house in oman to save more. instead renting it alone, hope to hear a response from u.

hi gracey25,, i think thats a good idea,, PM me [email protected]. hope to hear from you.

Yeah, the same situation is everywhere in the world....
Good luck to everybody...

Good luck to all who are going to work as nurse in oman soon. I'm also praying to be accepted to work in MOH. I applied in iRekrut and right now I'm waiting for their call for the exam and interview. BTW, can you give me some overview on the exam, is it same like the NCLEX? Thanks and God bless!

Hi ellehcim0519!

Welcome to the forum :)

Armand

benchong wrote:

Goodluck to you Gracey25. You're one of the lucky nurses to be deployed in the beautiful place of Oman. There is another batch of nurses to be recruited again by the MOH after june 2011. I saw them at the internet ads. They were female nurses again. Tell your nurse friends. They might be interested.
Godspeed!

hi,
...do you have any idea when is the next batch for recruitment and in what Agency? im planning to apply also after my contract here in saudi.
...do they accept fresh grads also? bcz i want to bring my brother for the application..

thnx a lot..

hello!im new here po Im scheduled to take the moh exam this june for Oman can you give me some points about it?thanks guys!

R.i.N wrote:
benchong wrote:

Godspeed!

hi,
...do you have any idea when is the next batch for recruitment and in what Agency? im planning to apply also after my contract here in saudi.
...do they accept fresh grads also? bcz i want to bring my brother for the application..

thnx a lot..

You can visit workabroad.com.ph
Dami opportunities dun. Goodluck

Some of the items that came out during June 2010 Sultanate of Oman MOH Nurses Licensure Exam are the following:

1. safety issues (oxygenation, suctioning, side rails)
2. antidotes:  narcan, protamine sulfate, etc.
3. advice about diet for patients with kidney stones, etc.
4. nursing interventions in critical patient
5. many computations: ml/hr,dosage calculations for IV and tablets, IV rate
6. electrolytes and imbalances (hypokalemia, hyponatremia)
7. insulin administration.
8. drugs: magnesium sulfate, lasix, aldactone, heparin
9. normal values
10. mechanical ventilator adjustments (PEEP,etc.)
11. Emergency interventions

Madaming questions based on critical care.

Hey.. this is a nice blog.. just want to share..
Im also a filipino nurse here with the moh. I am june'10 batch with irekrut . i arrived here last may. assigned in a town 3hrs away from muscat by car.. its hot here but tolerable.. yeah, june and july are the hottest, but its getting colder now approaching the end of july. people here are friendly, shaking hands everwyhere. food is also nice, mostly omani and indian food. Nice beaches, as breathtaking as what we have in philippines. cost of living depends on the place ul be assigned. for catholics, we have a church in muscat and a philippine school also... to those who passed the exams, just wait. ur time will come 'in shallah' (their favorite expression).. ul definitely enjoy here, there's filipino in almost all hospitals i think.. and electronic gadgets are cheaper here.. from cameras to laptops...hehe goodluck!!!

Welcome to Expat.com Rmor61!

Thank you for sharing! :)

hello everyone. im a nurse too. i took the exam with megapro but didnt pass coz they said there was a mixup with the papers of irekrut and they didnt check the other papers from megapro.(very bad) cz i know i got a lot of questions correct.anyway,i got another job in alraffah hospital in muscat.can anyone tell me if its a good hospital. they already sent me a contract of work and its a direct hire. ill just have to pay for my ticket and will get a refund after a month of work. they offered me 250 RO salary and 50 RO for accomodation. is this enough? i tried to negotiate with the HR but they said it cant be adjusted. can anyone help me. thanks.

hi to all.:D
im also a nurse hir currently working hir at our provnce, i also took d exam for moh oman lst june 2011 and intrvwd on dat month also.my pasport was collctedby my agncy and i was advsed to w8 for further notice for 2to6mos.im jus wondering if how is the process of selection on who goes first asyd from availability?does moh in oman do the selection or the agency hir?pls help me, thnx alot.

Hi Rizali....

Al Raffah (it got another name also) is a good hospital...... It belong to a big Dubai hospital group called Mooppan's group.... the salary is Ok...but housing is not enough.... because a 2 BHK flat in that area (al Ghubra) will cost you around OMR300.... so if you share the accomodation with 4-6 others, you may survive....if you need any further information... I can help you... my id is [email protected]...

musiris wrote:

Hi Rizali....

Al Raffah (it got another name also) is a good hospital...... It belong to a big Dubai hospital group called Mooppan's group.... the salary is Ok...but housing is not enough.... because a 2 BHK flat in that area (al Ghubra) will cost you around OMR300.... so if you share the accomodation with 4-6 others, you may survive....if you need any further information... I can help you... my id is [email protected]...

hey thanks for that help. i didnt understand much if that 50 RO is fro house or if its an allowance.. but then, i asked just to stay in the free accomodation the hospital will provide..that would be easier since electricity and water would be free.. i added u in msn.. hope to get some more info from u..thanks :)

rizaliefigueroa20 wrote:
musiris wrote:

Hi Rizali....

hey thanks for that help. i didnt understand much if that 50 RO is fro house or if its an allowance.. but then, i asked just to stay in the free accomodation the hospital will provide..that would be easier since electricity and water would be free.. i added u in msn.. hope to get some more info from u..thanks :)

hi rizaliefigueroa20,

i'm currently here in Jalan, Oman;working as staff nurse at an MOH hospital. Jalan is  3 1/2 hours away from Muscat..  we arrived last August 6. Actually the salary you have is kinda small. the cost of living here is very high compared to the Phil. base on what we have experienced. also, i agree with *musiris. 50 RO is not enough for an accommodation.. usually with my colleagues here they pay 100 to 150 RO but share it with other 5 to 6 persons. is there any other allowance? like food, electricity and transportation, you can email me at [email protected] for questions. hope to hear from you.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL & have a nice time in Oman...

Best Regards
Ammar

Dear All,
i`m living in muscat.. its very nice city, but the weather is very hot at the summer..the people are good here .. so welcome all to muscat

Anyone knows Sultan Qaboos University Hospital in Oman? How much is the average salary of nurse in Oman?

sweetlife wrote:

Anyone knows Sultan Qaboos University Hospital in Oman? How much is the average salary of nurse in Oman?

Hi...

Yes i know where is it in the same area of SQU, but about the salary sorry i don't know but i think is good...

Good luck
AMMAR

gracey25 wrote:

hope to see the beautiful place of oman soon.:D

I cant see beautiful places.

Even Muscat,everywhere looks like small town due to small hills:)

It s good that Oman people talking friendly and smiley and not behave as other Arabics who get directly first place when there is line-queue.
People obey traffic rules and drive incredible well.
Traffic is crowded lunch time in Muscat.
Life & gas is much more expensive compare to Saudi Arabia.SAudi Arabia 4-5 times cheaper than Oman for gas.

hi guys anyone knows royal hospital?

Hi dred28 and welcome to Expat.com!

You could start a new topic on the Oman forum.

can some one pls tell me about royal hospital? pls guys

dred28 wrote:

can some one pls tell me about royal hospital? pls guys

Hi Dred,

What you want to know ??

The location is : Bausher , Muscat near to the sultan qaboos grand mosque.

It's the one of the biggest hospital in Oman holden by government.

Check your inbox I sent you already

Best regards
Ammar

Hi everyone! Does anyone here know about German eye centre in Oman? Anyone know about their contact number or email add? I badly needed it. I applied in this hospital tru agency here in Philipines. They looked for 2 scrub nurses and one of the lucky applicant. Problem was our agency is very slow in response of our application. I would like to know so I could personally follow up my application with them.

ladyleigh_pink016 wrote:

Hi everyone! Does anyone here know about German eye centre in Oman? Anyone know about their contact number or email add? I badly needed it. I applied in this hospital tru agency here in Philipines. They looked for 2 scrub nurses and one of the lucky applicant. Problem was our agency is very slow in response of our application. I would like to know so I could personally follow up my application with them.

Hi ladyleigh,

first congratulations & wish you all the best :)

German eye center contact number : +96824692726

Best Regards
AMMAR

Thank you AMMAR for that quick reply. This is the number I saw online, any way...thanks a lot I will try to call this number.

hi everyone am new in oman seeking for staff nurse job direct hire.having almost 2 years experience in cardiac hospital.if some one knws any hospital tell me plz thnx