Bakery for brown bread

Has anyone of you an idea about where I can buy yummi (German) brown bread?
I dont mean this one you can buy at Carrefour that looks a little darker than white bread but still tastes the same.

Is there maybe a real Bakery somewhere in Cairo that can help me out?

I really dont miss a lot of German things here but whole-grain bread is definitely one of them :rolleyes:

Did you try the multi-grain from Rich Bake (available in a lot of supermarkets)? I know it's not the same, but you can try.

In Maadi, street 9, near El Maadi metro train station, in front of Metro Market it is a German Bakery.
There you can buy a lot of kind of bread.

yes u right Valibilic, I buy there bread too beside Metro market by rd.9). Isn't same like german but more close than another places in Cairo. Or if u buy small home bakery u make your own. I want now bring those bakery from eu. I use it many years and is very easy.

mosu wrote:

yes u right Valibilic, I buy there bread too beside Metro market by rd.9). Isn't same like german but more close than another places in Cairo. Or if u buy small home bakery u make your own. I want now bring those bakery from eu. I use it many years and is very easy.

From my point of view, Egyptian bread is very good and tasty too!
Especially that " aish" has whole grain that s very healthy.

cairo360.com/article/caf%C3%A9s/392/tbs-the-bakery-shop-fresh-baked-goods-in-cairo/

thats exactly what you need.

Enjoy your loaf of bread ;)

Thank you all, guys,
I will try the bakeries and hope I will find something nice...

BATni wrote:

I dont mean this one you can buy at Carrefour that looks a little darker than white bread but still tastes the same.

I really dont miss a lot of German things here but whole-grain bread is definitely one of them :rolleyes:

I would check out some of the larger hotels many sell bread and pastry.

If your in the Heliopolis area.

I would look at the place below, they have a good selection of breads for take away and even soft pretzels.They have other locations about Egypt but the one below we use quite often.

And three is a wonderful little fish shop near by for take away (it's really a one minute walk) its across from Chantilly on a small side street.

Standing in front of Chantilly facing the street look across the street to the right you will see a side street take this street for about seventy five meters,then at the first intersection take the first right its about 100 meters on the right hand side, it's very famous and i highly recommend its fish or shrimp sandwich along with a small plate of fish and rice with some local pickles.

we also purchase the other type of the local style pita breads both white and brown from the bakery shop which is directly across from the small fish shop they also have decent looking heavy loafs of brown bread. we buy our local style bread there weekly its about a forty minute drive for us.

Name:  Le Chantilly Cuisine:  International Category :  Restaurants Address: 11 Baghdad St.Area: Heliopolis City: Cairo , Egypt Telephone: 24179631, 22907303, 24150620, 22905213, 24150518 Open: 7am - midnight

Bread in egypt not that amazing! First of all full of cemicals,Na solt and other stuff,which is't allowed in other countries. In general i realized that they sell air instead of bread. I love brown bread,carefour sell smt funny coz it this bag of bread can stay more than 1 year,so...the only solution maadi beccary there is one in lasilki street too. and street 9 as people wrote before

Just came back from our weekly trip to Heliopolis to the bakery, it's one of two i mentioned above.it's the one which is directly across from the fish shop. they have brown bread which is very dark and its a heavy loaf with whole grains on top of it.

Shorouk! Please write how much i there? In maadi,dark 1 kg brown-with oats above 30 le,and brown with corn flour 20

we buy mostly the local type breads from this shop that we visit weekly.The eish baladi,eish shamy (very thin white pocket type) and fatir its good clean local bread.

Not sure about the prices, but they did have a couple sizes of loaves with assorted grains on top. They also have the other type bread which is mostly air.

The shops phone number is 24145063

Shorouk, I went to Heliopolis... the whole long way from Mohandeseen to go to the bakery. Didnt try it yet, but i will tell you. Thanks for your help :)

wow (long way from Mohandeseen) must be some shops closer to you which are decent and have brown bread.

check at carrefour :):):)

BATni wrote:

BAtni...check the German Basket at road 9 Maadi its a German bakery, or Fino in the vicinity of the CAC ... have a nice breakfast ...

There's a Bakery in Zamalek Exactly Abou El Feda St. near to Om Kalthoum Hotel. I think u will find there these premium products u r looking for

do you know the name of this bakery?

Geely wrote:

do you know the name of this bakery?

I think it will be the one related to Flaminco hotel,so i think the name will be Flaminco bakery

Thank you, I am going regularly to Zamalek, the big problem is to find a parking spot!