No insurance for shipping to PY , refusal from Postal services

Hello all,

I found out this week, the Portuguese nacional postal services are refusing to insurance shippings to PY.

Spite Paraguay is listed on the destinations of CTT , Portuguese Postal Code -  http://www.ctt.pt/fectt/wcmservlet/ctt/ … menda.html , i was able to verify in one agent of CTT, they dont insure for this destination.

If i was shipping to Argentina, Colombia or Uruguay, there was no problem. Any reason for this ?

Im quite surprised. Thanks for insight.

Paulo

Happy easter to all.

Taking a wild guess here, but maybe its because the moment any post or packages enter Paraguay, insured or not insured doesn't mean anything.If they want to open it to see if there's anything of value in it for them, they simply do it. At the moment its very bad again seeing as the powers to be knows they won't be the power to be for much longer and that means "taking anything of value or trying to get you to pay a bribe for it" before their party finishes.

thanks for update.

No insurance problems towards others destinations, wild guess they ship low volumes towards PY, but still found this intriguing.

Insurances presented to other destinations included a door to door services ( 170€ for 20 kilos is not a bargaing ) , even when it reach the "final miles", ie, a local contractor.

Any shipping good tip/ advice please ?

Happy holidays
Paulo

Guess "low volume" may be the official cause, though what would I know, but it sounds very plausible.

As for shipping advice, I have no REAL advice, I can only suggest that you maybe contact Servimex.
But let me be clear on this, I have never had any contact with them, nor have I done business with them.I don't know them, they are only in my opinion maybe the most professional company "again in my opinion" available here in PY.
I once recommended some other company I knew, and that turned into a total disaster, so what else can I say...

Good Luck.

Great recomendation !

Thank you mister Nico for your sugestion.

Postal services from Portugal says they dont insure the items to be shipped. They are able to assure package are delivered ( in what conditions is still to be seen ).

Servimex looks quite interesting.

http://www.servimex.com.py/servicios/mudanzas.html
( those guys right ? ) .

I will try to inquire if they are able to take up the package from Montevideo or Buenos Aires "offices" and deliver all the way to final destination in PY.

I wish to ship mostly personal items as clothings and some home entertainment equipments i cant bring as cargo luggage.

Will post an update, as it might be relevant to other readers.
Thanks again
Paulo

Yes, them.
Good luck.