Coming to Belize for first time. Need advice.

End of may. For a week. On a budget. Need to find out about expat. See some of the country. Fish. Best way to get there. Where to go. Where to stay. Car. Start out north or south. Information gathering so retirement can start off right.
Thank you in advance.
Ed

Did I not ask the questions with proper etiquette? Post has been up for a while lots of looks and not one suggestion or any advise or opinions. I thought for sure someone would at least send me to a link or links to;

best way to Belize,

how to deal with visas,

name of a book,

how to go on a trip to Belize without a travel agent,

best first impression destinations,

best of even worst fishing charters and or captians or how to go fishing on the cheap,

things you want to avoid,

best place to lay over in Texas before flight out to Belize,

There has got to be hundreds of topics and tons of experiences as well as excellent advice with the brain trust that makes up this forum. Please if you would be so kind, your input would be very much appreciated.

Ed :D

Hi Ed!

Just a little patience.
You should give other members some time to see and read your post.

Regards
Armand

Hi, I don't come to this forum very often. When you start heading south, I am in Hopkins, a small fishing comunity just south of Dangriga. I can help show you around and give you and idea of what it is like to live here and about property values, renting vs. buying, and cost of living things to do here.
(Moderated)

Armand I am sure if I sounded impatient to you I sounded impatient to others as well so to you Armand as well as anyone else that may have been offended by my postings I humbly apologize.

Tony, 
Thank you very much for the offer and your response. Would  you  mind P-M-ing me? I have a couple of questions you may not want to answer in such an open environment. Such as if I can get your e-mail address or the name of the forum you do frequent or some how to contact you.
South of Belize city is Hopkins. Seems like Belize City is where you fly into and so far the things I have read, allot of people go north. However you went south. I read that north has a dominant Latin Vibe and south has a more Caribbean vibe. Your thoughts?
Your profile says you are an expat from the States ( Alaska what an extreme, you are surely an adventurer) and I so need to learn about all that expat stuff.
Sounds like you should have an opinion on the year round weather, coming from Alaska what is your  commentary?
Looking forward to checking off the topics from the list of unknowns from my previous post and any topics  you come up with that need to be known that you can provide guidance with will be greatly appreciated.
Of course any and all encouragement, help, opinions, experiences, guidance, warnings, is encouraged and welcomed.

Ed

Hey Ed! You might want to check out my blog, which is my user name dot com (sorry, but I'm not supposed to post links on this site).  I blog about life in Belize daily; I also have written an inexpensive e-book on researching any country you may want to relocate to, with special emphasis on Belize; and I offer Expat Relocation Consulting, which is something you may consider down the road. My email is [email protected]. Good luck!

hi ed, I have been going to belize for 7 years now. My first trip was like yours, on a pretty small budget but I bought a travel guide for belize at the local book store that had places to stay that were in my price range.I rented a car at the airport and drove the beautiful country of belize end to end and side to side in about 10 days.I really liked the area around san ignacio and ended up buying property there on a later trip.the cayes are nice to visit but you get more of the flavor of belize on the mainland.the main thing you need in belize is patience,things move slowly there and thats the way it is.so chill, dont get in a rush,you'll only get frustrated,after all your on vacation relax and go with the flow.if you want some nice places to stay you can e-mail me at [email protected]         good luck

Sharon and Billem, thank you so much for your generous offers and info. I have spent allot of time in Mulege in Baja California on the Sea of Cortez. A friend of mine had a place on the river until the flash flood a few years ago. One of the reasons he did not rebuild was that very reason. He did not have the energy and time to go through it all (building) again. He was fighting pancreatic cancer. I can totally go native and be on Mulege time or Belizean time once I get there. It has taken a couple of weeks just to begin to slow down and a good few years to completely acclimate. So advice well taken and experienced.

Any titles on travel guides?

Once again any advice, opinions, experiences solicited and completely welcomed.

Ed