SABIC Engineering Salary Grades and Info

Hello all.

Can anyone throw some light on Engineering Salary Grades in SABIC (Jubail)? 

I am aware there are payrolls based on passport you hold, so these Salaries/Grades must vary on different passport groups.  I am looking for information for American / US passport holders, but will appreciate any information about how these grades are decided? 

Are they tied to the number of years of experience? 

I read in this and other forums that salaries vary a lot, but still someone should be able to bracket the range reasonably.  So what would be the range of salaries for each grade or experience group?

What would be considered a low, median, or high BASE salary, say for 0-5 year experience group, 5-10 experience group or 10-15 experience group?  Any guesstimates of ranges are welcome, esp for US passport holders. 

Does the percentage of housing and transportation allowances change with the Grade levels?  Or is it constant like 25% of BASE for Housing, 10% for transportation etc? 

Thanks in advance.

BUMPING UP THIS TOPIC...Can someone please throw our some facts or opinions?

I know my answers won't help, here is my feedback based on usual policies and procedures.

ExpatPro wrote:

Can anyone throw some light on Engineering Salary Grades in SABIC (Jubail)?

Just like millions of other anomalies all the way, I'm sure salary grades even in SABIC either must not exist; or they must be rarely followed. I wish & I'll be glad if someone from SABIC could challenge this statement.

ExpatPro wrote:

I am aware there are payrolls based on passport you hold, so these Salaries/Grades must vary on different passport groups.  I am looking for information for American / US passport holders, but will appreciate any information about how these grades are decided?

Though legally this practice violates the saudi 'law of discrimination', practically passport IS a factor in the salary calculation. Must remain cautious about openly discussing this :)

ExpatPro wrote:

Are they tied to the number of years of experience? 

I read in this and other forums that salaries vary a lot, but still someone should be able to bracket the range reasonably.  So what would be the range of salaries for each grade or experience group?

What would be considered a low, median, or high BASE salary, say for 0-5 year experience group, 5-10 experience group or 10-15 experience group?  Any guesstimates of ranges are welcome, esp for US passport holders.

Of course, experience is a major factor. If the career path has been linear, the entire duration will be considered. If diversity exists, only the experience related to the specific opportunity will be counted.

ExpatPro wrote:

Does the percentage of housing and transportation allowances change with the Grade levels?  Or is it constant like 25% of BASE for Housing, 10% for transportation etc?

No, the percentage remains the same.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

I know my answers won't help, here is my feedback based on usual policies and procedures.

Thanks for taking time to post your comments.  They do help in a way, at least they get a conversation started. So thanks again!

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Just like millions of other anomalies all the way, I'm sure salary grades even in SABIC either must not exist; or they must be rarely followed. I wish & I'll be glad if someone from SABIC could challenge this statement.

I would really like someone from SABIC to speak-up and share information.  I understand people who know may be reluctant to share information about themselves, but is doesn't have to be personal, you can indirectly convey information in an anonymous way on this forum.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Though legally this practice violates the saudi 'law of discrimination', practically passport IS a factor in the salary calculation. Must remain cautious about openly discussing this :)

Someone explained to me that this variation in salaries is based on the income the passport holder gets in his home country, otherwise why would they come and work in KSA?  And this applies to persons on either side of the salary range. :)

this is SABIC Salary Scale for North American, if it's not clear

feel free to contact me to send you the attached.

http://im19.gulfup.com/2012-04-01/1333311002551.jpg

keep in your mind the numbers here in Saudi Riyals.

so it's not possible to say any estimate of engineers salary if you cannot give your offered grade.

and yes the experience are very considered in SABIC

regarding housing allowance it's 25% of your basic salary regardless of your salary is, but for transportation it has maximum that will not be more 2000 riyals for such a grades.

and it's 3500 Riyal for the high managements.

maybe this is more clear

http://im23.gulfup.com/2012-04-01/1333311603341.png

Great contribution @komsee. Thanks for enlightening us.

I guess clicking this link is better.

Dear Komsee,

Thank you for the excellent side-by-side comparison. 

May I know the source of this information?  You mentioned it is for SABIC, but is it official SABIC information or is it an estimate based on your general observances and knowledge? 

Also, what is “R&T progression ladder”? 

Thanks again.

Dear Expatpro

i work on 1 of SABIC companies, so this is the official salary scale for North Americans which is made in 2007.

about R&T progression ladder i have no idea about it, but it's not critical thing.

however, if you really thinking of working in Saudi Arabia, SABIC is really good opportunity if the offer satisfied you.

feel free to ask if you need any assistance bro.

Dear Komsee, thank you for your generosity and offering to help.  I appreciate it.

Can you tell what the grades numbers stand for?  How do these correspond to the years of experience? Like, what grade does a fresh graduate with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering start at?  Similarly, what is the expected grade level for 5, 10, 15 and 20 years of experience?

Also, since they are for 2007, what adjustment / increase can we put on these numbers for 2012? 

For medical coverage, are there different medical coverages available for different levels/grades?

Again, thank you so much for your helpful information!

Best regards.

it's depend on the degree, for Fresh Bachelor degree it goes for grade 8 , but the salary will be different from Management Bachelor & Engineering Bachelor, the Engineers take always highest salary.

about the experience it's always considered, but i'm not in position to tell you what exactly,

for five years experienced it could be grade 10 or 11, depend on what experience and what achievements you have. so the department that extremely want you will decide

about the Salary Scale it's approved since 2007, and it been followed till now ,, Salary Scale is something that belong to the bored members to make suggestions , so i'm not sure what are you asking about , this is the Salary Scale above that SABIC follow ,, feel free to check it anytime. 

about the Medical insurance it's a bit complicated,

but the minimum class for the employee is Class A , it's fully covered, for highest grade (like Department Manager ) it's Class A+.

and it's a different between company to other (in SABIC)

for example in Marafiq company ( 1 of SABIC Companies) all employees have Class VIP.

but it's not that different from A to VIP ,, all insurance are full covered, and all consider as excellent Medical insurance in Saudi Arabia

What is the difference in benefits and other issues in joining sabic through contractor or directly.

Hi Komsee. The info you've shared is very useful. Could you share salary scales for Asians at SABIC as well? Thanks!

Hi,

Somebody deleted the salary structure shared by you. Could you pls send it to me on ***
thanks a lot

Or re-post it again? Its interesting...

Interesting thread - keep it up!

Hi there folks, did anyone manage to find the elusive salary structure shared earlier?