Working in Luxembourg, living in Luxembourg or France?? Help me!!

Hello everybody,

I need quick help in making my decision. My, my husband and our son are going to move but we don't know what's best.

My husband got a new job in Luxembourg in the south, Dudelange. He's going to start the 2th of mai. We need to find a place to rent, preferably a place with 2 bedrooms or more.

But because the prices of renting a house or appartment are so high we were thinking of looking to live in France. But I've heard that they have good benifits if you live in Luxembourg like when you're pregnant you get money, and you get high monthly subsidie for your kids. Do you also get this when you live in France?

And does anybody know where we can find an affordable place to live?

Who can help me quick with some information, because we have no time to wast.

Thanks in advance,

Orchidee

You won't get any benefits from luxembourg if you are living in France. That's the drawback of having the cheap rent. You may get benefits from the french government but perhaps not if neither of you are working there. I would have thought the rents in dudelange weren't particularly high?

i just wana work in france as i feel it as a great chance

Hy!

Its true if you are out of the country territorium you dont get any help of luxembourg, thats why  its better to move to villages unfortunately it cost a lot of money as well around 1100euro/month. If you are lucky you can get a house for this price. My neigbour is renting a nearly 200m2 house for that price. I advice live hétre because the state gimes lot of help!

Good  luck Agi

orchidee wrote:

Hello everybody,

I need quick help in making my decision. My, my husband and our son are going to move but we don't know what's best.

My husband got a new job in Luxembourg in the south, Dudelange. He's going to start the 2th of mai. We need to find a place to rent, preferably a place with 2 bedrooms or more.

But because the prices of renting a house or appartment are so high we were thinking of looking to live in France. But I've heard that they have good benifits if you live in Luxembourg like when you're pregnant you get money, and you get high monthly subsidie for your kids. Do you also get this when you live in France?

And does anybody know where we can find an affordable place to live?

Who can help me quick with some information, because we have no time to wast.

Thanks in advance,

Orchidee

hi sorry for my late reply my husband are french i'm filipino i get married in thionville we was stay in thionville my husbands work in luxembourg when we have a child i get the benefits from Luxembourg

my husband are french and i filipina leaving in thionville and my husband working in Luxembourg and we have all the benefits in luxembourg also for the child because he's situation they call it working Frontallier and now we are in netherland the agency still in Luxembourg have contract to a company here in netherland so we are here now, but we still have and appartment in thionville and we still get the benefits in Luxembourg because he's still working Frontallier, but if we completly moving here in netherland and no more appartment in thionville for this we working on it not yet finest