Pregnancy in British Columbia

Hi,

could you please share advice and tips about pregnancy in British Columbia?

Who are the best gynecologists for pregnancy follow-ups?

Which hospitals or clinics would you recommend to give birth in British Columbia?

Thanks a lot in advance for your advice !

Christine

BC Women and Children's hospital in Vancouver is a very well renown hospital to give birth, but you have to live in Vancouver in order to register there, and your doctor has to be in the team that delivers there. Unless you have a medically complex pregnancy, which I don't wish anyone!

In general, in BC, you don't go to see a gynaecologist. Unless again you have a pregnancy with potential complications (mom is over 35 years old, or you're expecting twins, or other medical complications). You'll see your family doctor. Or you can choose a bcmidwives.com - midwife. I've had 2 kids in BC. For my first pregnancy, I went to my family doctor. For my second pregnancy, I chose midwifes. I was very happy in both cases.

For expat moms who don't have family in BC, I would recommend looking into hiring a doula.

I'm writing a blog on being an expat mom in Vancouver with a couple of friends, and we have a series on pregnancy: frenchtouchmom.com/category/pregnancy/ -Preparing for Baby. I know, it looks like shameless self-promotion, but it happens to be right on topic, and one of the contributors is a doula, so she has lots of great advice to share!

Hello FrenchTouchMomLaure and welcome to Expat.com.

Thank you for the information.

Aurélie