Employing a maid, domestic helper in Dubai

Hi, I am looking for the most appropriate way of hiring a maid. I have looked in the media, asked friends, internet, and I had a horrendous experience with a person I finally hired. Needless to say I am clueless. 

How do I find a reliable agency that does a thorough job of screening, interviewing and employing a person that will live with my family.  I want someone that I can trust and train to be an asset to the household. 

I desperately need help. What are the rules? Regulations? Requirements? Salary expectations? Benefits? etc etc etc...

Nimsy.

Hi Nimsy!

I'm Immy from Belgium.

Me and my family just moved to Dubai and we have the same problem!

We really don't know how to find a good maid/nanny ...

Did you in the meantime found someone? And if yes, how did you manage?

Please let me know!

Take care,

Immy

Hi! Try to post in the Dubai classifieds.

Good luck

Hi, I placed an ad in the Dubai Classified but no luck. Not even one reply. I asked friends and also no luck. I eventually spoke to a school nanny at my kids' school and they referred a relative. 

I am busy with the paperwork and training at the moment. But it is going very slowly.  I am thankful that I have someone to help me and friends have suggested that I lower my standards and take one day at a time. 

I have no visible dust bunnies flying around the house and my laundry is washed and ironed. 

I do a spring cleaning once a week with her to ensure that the finger paint and chocolate smears are removed from walls and furniture, but time will tell whether she will cope with our family and house. 

Good luck with your search.  My friend placed an ad in the newspaper and she received hundreds of calls. She was so annoyed that she eventually switched of her phone.

providing maids from overseas and will require you (sponsors) to provide visa and accommodate the maid for two (2) year contract.

You can contact the following

M. Hilmy Hamza
Administrative Manager
Al Fatah Manpower Suppliers
Sharjah UAE
Tel. No.: 06-5738606
Mobile: 050-3859123/8895435
Email:               [email protected]
           [email protected]

Immy wrote:

Hi Nimsy!

I'm Immy from Belgium.

Me and my family just moved to Dubai and we have the same problem!

We really don't know how to find a good maid/nanny ...

Did you in the meantime found someone? And if yes, how did you manage?

Please let me know!

Take care,

Immy

Hi Immy,

I'm Virginia Reselosa from Philippines but this moment I work in Abudabhi as take good care the children. My contrat will finish on JUne. I will able to search other family to work with. I am hard working and honest peron please let me know if you are interested to me..Thanks email add [email protected]

Hi there are several agencies that do this, but I last heard that they were pretty backed up.  Here are a couple:

Manpower (already suggested)
Howdra (I believe there is a waiting list) - 04 227 2726 / 050 344 6805
Explorer - 04 258 0677
Al Ahliyah Labour Supply - 04 221 5521

To my future employer Nimsy, once again I am Romalyn R. Arce looking for a job as domestic helper. I promise to work hard, to follow all rules and regulations provided by my employer. To do all my duties and responsibilities as a helper. And to finish my contract serving with you. My contact no. is +639292624872. Thank you so much.

Hello Romalyn and welcome to Expat.com! :)

This thread is old.
I invite you to post your cv in the Jobs in Dubai section.

Thank you,
Aurélie