UK quality food?

#1 08 January 2012 13:46:12

sandraenglandlondon
sandraenglandlondon
Bandar Seri Begawan

UK quality food?

Have you fellow expats found any decent places to eat yet in Brunei? The food is disgusting everywhere. I had the misfortune of going to KFC and felt sick, Mc Donalds was no different, the ice cream was horrid.

Just want a decent place to eat, any recommendations?

#3 07 March 2012 10:38:12

sandraenglandlondon
sandraenglandlondon
Bandar Seri Begawan

Re: UK quality food?

I travel over the boarder into a neighbouring country to purchase my food and just about everything else. Anyway I've secured work in Aus so I leave very shortly. If you can name 1 ex-pat who has settled in Brunei long term I'll be impressed.

#4 19 March 2012 09:54:49

pateince
pateince
Canberra

Re: UK quality food?

Yes there is nice food in Brunei.
Soriso in Regent Square Kiulap is my favorite (Italian), but I like also this small chinese vegetarian in Kiulap (facing Hua Hu), or Kai Zen for sushi's, or just the night market in Bandar, the one near the blue church with wonderful local food for very cheap. You can choose your fresh see-food and they will cook it the way you like! Kebabs are great there as well. Nur Wanita in Kiarong has great Thai food.
For UK style, try Fleur de Lys or the Riverview hotel's restaurant. For Fish and chips, maybe the Serasa Yatch-Club. But as a French I have trouble to link decent food with UK food.... sorry. (it's a joke off course, but it is true that I can't tell you if a fish and chips is good or not)

1 member online in Brunei

Expatriate health insurance Brunei
Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Brunei.
>> Click here
Expat banking Brunei
Discover the benefits of expat banking for people living and working abroad.
>> Click here
Moving to Brunei
A few tips from professionals about moving to Brunei.
>> Click here
Travel insurance Brunei
Don't worry and travel happy across Brunei.
>> Click here