Working conditions in Jordan

Hi to all! I am from the Philippines and I got hired at one of the most prestigious hotel chains in the world. The hotel is based in Jordan. The salary is not that high but everything is free. It is a good offer since I am on my entry level position and working in that hotel will surely give me a wide experience in the field.

Since I have heard a lot of negative feedbacks about Jordan (e.i. Filipinas are raped, harrassed, etc) some even said that most Filipinas will be asked to go to their boss' room and they nabbed. And because of this I am now hesitant to accept the job offer.

To all the expats in Jordan, how true is that? Are Jordanians fond of harassing women (sorry about the term but that's what I've heard in the news). But I also read positive reviews about Jordan.

I would appreciate your comments and suggestions on this matter.

Hi ashcatya, well, unfortunately, what u said is sometimes true, however, still u can live away from such things. If its as u said a well known hotel chain, then u can go :)try just to focus on work only and donot loose ur relationship with the employer or manager.

Out of curiosity what hotel chain is it? What would you be doing there?? ... hubby is in hotel management here in Amman and I was just wondering!?
The Fillipino community is huge in Amman so you won't feel alone :)

If you have questions please PM me