New to Haiti - advice welcome!

Hello everyone, my name is Michael and I am new to Haiti.  I am here as an expatriate from the US.  I'll be living in Tabarre and working in Port-au-Prince.  Feel free to drop me a line anytime!

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Maybe you could tell us more about you?

Do not hesitate to share your experience on the Haiti forum.

Thank you.
All the best,
Christine

Hi Michael! My name is Michele and I have a volunteer with me named Laura Beth. We operate an orphanage/school in Delmas 33. We are always looking to meet new people as we barely get an opportunity to get out of our compound (sometimes 14 day stretches without seeing the outside world.) Drop me a line if you'd like to get together some time. I've been here for over 6 months and I've got a pretty good knowledge of some of the nicer places to go around PAP.

Hello Michael and Michelle! 

My name is Bonnie.  My husband and I will be moving to Haiti later this year (maybe around Oct/Nov timeframe).  We are currently building a children's home there. 

We are very excited to make this change in our life.  We have been praying for this opportunity for 24 years.  We will be working with our church in Port au Prince.  It is affiliated with Christian Fellowship Church in Norfolk Virginia.

Bonnie & Jack Rohrer