Get-Together Party @ Mono Music cafe – Thursday 23 February

As we all hope to see the warmer weather unlike the cold one lashing out Istanbul right now, I have been waiting for the right time to organize our next meet up for a couple of weeks already. Then, I finally decided to get one next week and hopefully the snow won't be there this time... Promise :D

As usual, the purpose of this party is to bring people together to socialize, meet new people, welcome new comers, making new friends, sharing experiences...  and have FUN :)

So, Let's get together on Thursday,February 23rd, from 8 pm onwards for a fun evening of mingling with all your favourite people at:

Mono Music café

Erol Dernek sokak 15/A Beyoğlu

Map

Like every other time, let me know through this forum and ̸or by private message if you want to join or if you need more info…

Hope to see you all

Best,

David

Hey Dave!

Sorry I couldn't make it last time because of the snow :( But we will be there this time for sure :)

E

we don't have snow anymore. I ll be happy to meet u guys... See u on thursday...

See u on Thursday

can you pls let me know the adres& the phone number  pls.Thanks

I will try to join. Thanks for the invitation...

There was snow today and it was VERY cold with a terrible wind - I could hardly stand up!  I'm not going but I'll keep my fingers crossed that the weather is better next Thursday:)

I was expatriate in eurpope but now I am in istanbul..I am turkish..can I join the party?

Thx 4 the invi & i m in

Hey, I think I will come by this time.
Cheers,
Lara

is anybody help to to pick from my place and drop me...... i m new here in istanbul and don't know the roads and anything....... i shall be thankfull....

david i like to join the party... i m here to visit only for 10 days..... i wanna know if anyone who wants to attend the party will pick me and drop me at my place..... Thank you in advance

Great guys!

@ Richard: The address of the place is above with the map. I can give you my phone numb by private msg...

@ Cooliest: sure, everybody is welcome...

@ Arslan: it seems to me that it will difficult to find someone to take you from door to door...:)
But if you can make your way to Istiklal (the main pedestrian street in Taksim), I'll be happy to pick you up from there...

Sorry now very difficult for me in this condition......
Thank u and u plz enjoy the party

yes, we will finally be able to make one, see you there jim and bilal

@P.Rosy- you should avoid using caps on the forum. Thank you

I will come..but I will be late I live far to taxim ,asian side,and I work late so I will try to be there around 21.

Hi Dave i will be there .

Will be there too:)

Hi,

I will make my best to come tomorrow to the get-together party. Best. Fabrizio

I've just arrived in Istanbul and I would be there 'cause I really want to meet people. Such a good event and a good idea !!! Could you give me your cell number by Private Mail, please. Thank you David

Unfortunately I cant be there... anshallah next time

I will try to come, thanks..

Anyone have ideas for Friday night? I'm in Ankara tonight but I'll be back in Istanbul tomorrow. If you're interested in hanging out let me know!

P.Rosy:

Some of my best friends are women. I could care less if I hang out with a man or a woman as long as they are interesting, fun and open-minded.

男人朋有和女人朋友一样,对不对? 在说,我已经有女朋友. 我想我们会成朋友,说中文. 要是你不喜欢男人朋友,没问题,可以帮我介绍(introduce?)其他的中国人. 我1年没写汉字. 你看不懂,我会用英文 ;).

@KieronJames- could you please write your message in English in this English speaking forum. Thank you.

Christine wrote:

@KieronJames- could you please write your message in English in this English speaking forum. Thank you.

why are you censuring languages?
this is the second time I see this (previous time was with French).

this is a multicultural site and not an "english" only site.
there is much to learn from other languages and cultures... if you don't get it, ask the person for a translation or use google translate...

"expat" does not mean "english" !! I was so fed up with the Turks constantly speaking English to me...until I learned Turkish! There are not only anglophones out there...

Please be a little more open-minded :)

How was the party?

@cerise72 - For the time being, Expat.com is available in 3 languages (English, French and Spanish).

(if you have any questions, pls contact us)

Sorry, for the off topic.

dave will not repeat it soon???

I won't give up on parties...;)

I want to organize a very nice one this time, but I need the weather to be nicer...

I am actually thinking to rent a big boat for us and have the party going up to the Black sea :)

I'll keep you updated soon...

cerise72 wrote:
Christine wrote:

why are you censuring languages?
this is the second time I see this (previous time was with French).

this is a multicultural site and not an "english" only site.
there is much to learn from other languages and cultures... if you don't get it, ask the person for a translation or use google translate...

"expat" does not mean "english" !! I was so fed up with the Turks constantly speaking English to me...until I learned Turkish! There are not only anglophones out there...

Please be a little more open-minded :)

100% Agree with you !

well spring is all around now and weather is amazing :) hadi lets have it as soon as we can :)