How to make friends in Yucatan

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Yucatan :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Yucatan??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Hi, Yucatecans love foreingers, they always curiuos about other cultures, places and ways of living, the problem is they hardly speak english. But this is a great opportunity to learn spanish, Being honest I have to say there is a difference between Yucatecans and people from other parts of Mexico living in Yucatan. No offense, but I rather preffer Yucatecans, they are honest, more real and they do not take adventage of you. If you go places and you like people, only takes a smile and a sincery Buenos Dias, to start a good conversation. If you ask for help they are always willing to help. just be sure they understand you. We have real good friends and we do good bussines too. If you would like to socialize a litle bit do not hesitate to contact us. (moderated: no free ads)

I don't have an answer but am looking forward to hearing from those who do. My hubby and I bought our house in Merida and plan to be there permenantly by the beginning of next summer!

Listen more than you talk in one way to make friends everywhere! :D