Moving to Norway

I have to chose to live in any one of the following city. WHihc city should i chose and why?

I am Ali and from Pakistan.

A.Bergen/Straume
B. Stavanger
C. Trondheim
D. Fredrikstad

i would say in regards to your choices

A + B = west coast cities, would have a bigger american influence if my understanding is right. would be milder, but windy and quite wet. but beautiful none the less
C = I dont know much about this one, but further north so would be a lot colder and further from any major cities. but closer to northern lights and midnight sun?
D =  again not to sure, this city should be the driest of them all... closer to olso the international city and closer to the rest of europe, so popping over the boarder to sweden for cheaper prices would be very easy from here.

thou, what do you want from your move?
who all is moving is it just you?

in regards to deciding, im afraid thats up to you. but good luck!

karl

I do not recomend Fredrikstad. It was just confirmed to be the biggets Heroin city in Norway. SO stay away from there!
I from there so I know. Moved away from there.

can you guide what is a good pay for an engineer with more than 10 years of experience in Oil & Gas and petrochemical Plant. What about other cities which one has good weather, living & working environment.

Bergen, there it rains alot.
North of norway are colder then rest of norway.
I dont know what you would get paid.... Im not working myself, Im getting pension.
But if you want to keep away from drugs, keep away from Oslo and Østfold.
Regards

a_i928 wrote:

can you guide what is a good pay for an engineer with more than 10 years of experience in Oil & Gas and petrochemical Plant. What about other cities which one has good weather, living & working environment.

Bergen is wetter than most  but beautiful all year round amazing in the summer, and lots to do if you have kids, great city if your young and want to party and not far if you want to go up into the mountains to ski in winter, its great place to live.

Hi Ali
For me first 3 options are the same. But if you live in Fredrikstad which is very close to Sweden, might be you have possibility of cheaper food from Sweden or at least you can go every weekend to Sweden for shopping. But somehow i like Bergen weather. About pay it is better ask in private message.
Regards

Arshad

Choose the city that has a job for you! It doesn't matter where you live if you don't have a job.

hello i am julien,i leave in douala cameroon and i m very interested in norway ,i ll really appreciate having a job there the city don t matter as far as the people there are kind and sympatic.i am trained in maintenance of automated systems and i have good knowledge in electricity.Any help will be wellcome

I have found it very difficult to get a job in Norway, even though I live here, speak Norwegian, and have a high degree of education. Are there any Norwegians in any city sympathetic to hiring foreigners? If so, please tell me! I have found that Norwegians only want to hire other Norwegians. (Unless you are Polish, then they will hire you to build their new house and not even pay you decently.)