Winter tires second hand in Budapest

Hi!!

I need to buy a winter tires for my car, and i think second hand is a good idea, but i spent one week search about it and i didn't have greats results...anybody can help me??

i have a question wrote:

Hi!!

I need to buy a winter tires for my car, and i think second hand is a good idea, but i spent one week search about it and i didn't have greats results...anybody can help me??

If you can manage German, try www.ebay.at and search for "Winterreifen" or "Winter Reifen" (Winter=Winter, Reifen=tyres). Loads and loads on there. 

Best to buy them with rims (German for rims=Felgen) then you do not have to pay to have them mounted on rims each year.

You probably don't want to buy anything with less than 6mm of tread.

What size do you want? I will look for you.

Car mechanics in general and tire service stations ("Gumis" or "Gumiszerviz") often have used tires for cheap, sometimes free (you pay for the labour to put them on.) You do have to go there and ask, smiling, it's not something you can google yet.

Teszvesz.hu or vatera.hu has loads. You can choose to buy tyres, rims or tyres and rims. You won't have a problem buying in Budapest.
When I compared used prices against new I found it much better value to buy new if I wanted a decent amount of tread.

It really depends on how much you use it though:
Most of the time we replace tires not for wear but for cracking from age.
(we don't drive much.)

PDIinHungary wrote:

Teszvesz.hu or vatera.hu has loads. You can choose to buy tyres, rims or tyres and rims. You won't have a problem buying in Budapest.
When I compared used prices against new I found it much better value to buy new if I wanted a decent amount of tread.

I tend to agree.

The main thing about Austria is that winter tyres are compulsory, unlike Hungary. People there also tend to have complete sets of wheels with rims. When people change their cars, they usually sell their wheels.

I have bought several lots of winter tyres and rims over the years from Austria. The results are variable.

My last set were absolutely excellent in tyres and rims. I paid EUR 120 for alloy wheels with tyres with 7mm of tread. At least 2 years of use and superb 2nd hand rims. I felt I got a bargain from one very pissed off Austrian seller.

Ou! Thank you very much!! I can't speak German...Spanish and English...but i will try!

185/65 R 15

Thank you again!!

i have a question wrote:

Ou! Thank you very much!! I can't speak German...Spanish and English...but i will try!

185/65 R 15

Thank you again!!

There's some BMW rims and tyres with only 4mm (not enough, this is the absolute minimum, tyres worthless). Season is a bit wrong. The season for buying wheels starts around September although around April might also bring new ones to the market.

http://www.ebay.at/itm/Original-BMW-Alu … 130wt_1068

Incidentally, you will need to know the following numbers for the rims to see if they fit - Lochkreis (PCD = Pitch Circle Diameter, the distance between the holes on an imaginary circle drawn between the bolt holes), number of bolts (can vary, even between historical versions of the same car) and the Einpresstiefe (German abbreviation, ET in English, means depth). Also be careful on the rims and the types of nuts used. The nuts can be different between the standard types.

If you just want the tyres, you only need the numbers you gave. BTW, winter tyres will be marked M+S (Mud and Snow) and/or an ice symbol. If you plan to drive through some countries, they must be "approved" tyres which is any officially sold tyres you will find in Europe.