Considering moving from Milan to New Delhi

Dear All, am an Italian girl considering to move to New Delhi. I do work for a fashion company and would be glad if you could help me to gather ideas about what is essential to me to ask my company to have a decent lifestyle in India (economic conditions, flat, cara, etc.). Thanks for you help. My best, Viviana

Hi and welcome to Expat.com Viviana!

I suggest you to take a look at the different discussions of the forum, it may help.

I invite you to read the articles in our participative guide.;)

Hope this helps,
Harmonie.:)

welcome to india...viviana:-)

south delhi is the best part of delhi. u will also meet there many other expatriate....tell ur company that u want a flat in south delhi near to any metro station.

if u need any other help or suggestion  then u can contact me on my e-mail

[email protected]

Dear All, firt of all thank you so much for your prompt feedback. I will certainly take time to go through the participative guide during this weekend. I have been told the office is in SAKET. Any suggestion on areas to look into flats?Thanks, Viviana

yes. saket is in south delhi. metro train is available there. so tell ur employers to search a flat for you near to saket metro station coz saket is very big place. but if u will have ur own vhichle in india then u can live anywhere in saket. malviya nagar, hauz khas r some places near to saket and connected through metro train. so u can also think about to live there. search on google these places and then decide which is the best place for u to live.

Hi Viviana

I moved to Delhi at the end of August and still in a company guest house looking for a place.

If your company has a guest house I would recommend moving in to the guest house and then look for a place. I am using a number of agents who charge a number of weeks rent as there fee, you need to negotiate the fee with them. Will your company help you? Hopefully they will and take a hindi friend from your office with you when looking at apartments its well worth it.

Delhi can be a very expensive place to live and guess the type of accommodation you are used to is of good quality, so you will have to pay for it. Good 1 or 2 bed places seem to start from 50,000 INR, but you will be asked to pay a lot more which needs to be negotiated. Worth thinking about how you are going to get around Delhi - car, contract taxi, taxi, auto or metro. Metro can be good but very crowded.

Saket Mall is good. Seems to be quite a few europeans there. If you cant afford car with driver or contract taxi basing yourself around a metro station is a good idea. I am a few minutes walk from a metro.

You need in your apartment
- AC
- Backup power

Plus the normal requirements

Ciao Viviana, alle fine sei venuta in India?  Fammi sapere.  ci incontriamo.  ma sarebbe meglio se vieni a visitare prima o se devi venire soltanto per qualche mesi devi rimanere forte!!!  io l'ho fatto x 7 mesi ma era un po difficle.  vieni da sola?

In English please mariadifisola!;)

Thanks,
Harmonie.

Dear Viviana, nice to know I am not the only young woman thinking about this great challenge!

It is not definitely sure at the moment, but I have an opportunity to consider - I'd have to move to Noida and work for an Indian  fashion distributor.

I have been asked about expected salary, no idea what to reply properly.

Should somebody be able to help me facing this question, please help!

I'd be also glad to share our doubts/hopes and ideas about,I am 31 and I have never been there - not even for a trip....

why would people have to speak in english when it's an expat website.  people are going to speak in their native language

Hi viviana
Hope your experience in delhi if fine till now :)
Well i would like to introduce myself . I am a womens wear fashion designer based in delhi only having my label here and i do exports of manufactured garments and accessories and work for designers from different parts of the world .
I also like to meet people from different origin and share each others culture and make friends .
So if you need any help while you are in delhi .So i would love to meet you and like to share your experience in delhi a

"decent lifestyle" can be affordable from 50,000 - 200,000, all depends on what can you earn.

Hi Viviana,

My sense is that you should go for a studio apartment in either Hauz Khas or Green Park area since Saket is a good area but sometimes transport there can be a bit pain. Also, certain pockets there are uninhabited and completely isolated, not good for a woman to stay all alone.

If you face any problem locating an apartment for yourself, do get in contact with us on the following contact point:

Parul: 9811205855
Email id: [email protected]

Hi Vivian i am rahul from new delhi (india) you can get in touch with me.i wud love to help you when u r in new delhi.
Regards
Rahul

Hi Viviana, I moved last year from Milan to Bangalore. If you want I can share my experiences. Also you can take a look at my posts about my experience in India ernstkappa.wordpress.com/category/my-life-in-india/

Hi,
how ru hope ur good and enjoying in india.
im Sahil from delhi looking for good frnds for good friendship no dirty talk n all if u intbrested to make a good cffrnd just buzz me 9971122949 or BBM me 27b28c2f. if u need any kinda help just send me msg.

thnks
have great day and happy liveing.

I think these answers and assistance are quite enough for you. Please try to live near the metro stations and for that Hauz Khas area is better choice. Welcome to India.

Hi,

I have lived in New Delhi for 7 years now... I'm from the USA and started working for a relo company aout 1 year ago.

Since my work involves working with Expats I am very familiar with all aspects of New Delhi.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Have a great day.

Melinda

Welcome to Delhi, As your office is in Saket, perhaps tell them to look for an accommodation close to Saket. Saket is well connected by metro. cheers.