Socials for oldies and newbies

Yep, I agree!! Can't believe how freezing it is, and did I hear that it was snowing in Alex?? :-o

Sorry guys I'm  cancelling today's outing - we'll do it another weekend when it's warmer :) hope you all have a great day!
Elaine

eltviola wrote:

Yep, I agree!! Can't believe how freezing it is, and did I hear that it was snowing in Alex?? :-o

Sorry guys I'm  cancelling today's outing - we'll do it another weekend when it's warmer :) hope you all have a great day!
Elaine

Egypt in January is not a time for outdoor outings I guess ^^ Maybe consider an indoor gathering til it gets warmer :)

any plans for a get together this weekend?? weather is not too bad :)

Hi all, sorry no outing this weekend cos I've been really busy with work :( anyone have plans for the 24th/25th? I believe there's a couchsurfing meeting at Borsa cafe (Downtown) in the evening on the 24th in case anyone is interested? :)

And there is also the 19th weekly meeting 24-1

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=115453&p=3

Hello,
im new here in cairo and want to meet some friends :-) im living in maadi :-)

Hi :) Seems we're spoiled for choice tomorrow night :D tough one ;)

Both gatherings will be fun and I recommend either for new people who want to make friends :)

Myself, I think I will go to Borsa (sorry Mahmoud :( ) because I haven't been there before. See the couchsurfing facebook event here

On Tuesday 24th, meet 6.30pm at Naguib metro in Downtown, or, if coming after 7pm, at Borsa cafe.

Hope to see you there!

i will join the next one elaine,
because im flying to germany tomorrow. it would be nice to organise one again.

eltviola wrote:

Hi :) Seems we're spoiled for choice tomorrow night :D tough one ;)

Both gatherings will be fun and I recommend either for new people who want to make friends :)

Myself, I think I will go to Borsa (sorry Mahmoud :( ) because I haven't been there before. See the couchsurfing facebook event here

On Tuesday 24th, meet 6.30pm at Naguib metro in Downtown, or, if coming after 7pm, at Borsa cafe.

Hope to see you there!

It sounds so so interesting :)
But
I don't know why I am hesitating to go !! May be bcs I don't know anyone & the feeling of Ice :/ !!

Germanmaadi wrote:

i will join the next one elaine,
because im flying to germany tomorrow. it would be nice to organise one again.

Wish u a safe trip Man :)

thank you very much

I feel like going,It's so pleasant out there in this area (around tal'at 7arb) especially at Daytime! some tea with fresh mint and shisha is a must :)

Good to see you there Amr :) was a fun night and the atmosphere in Tahrir was electric :D

Waiting to see u all in our Monthly Tournament this Friday :Dhttps://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 46#p602146

And also don't forget to attend our SPECIAL 20th weekly meeting with WIGS :P;)https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … p=4#602407

Wish for all of u a sunny day :D

Mahmoud

and also don't forget to join us in our hiking :

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 458#602574

Thanks Mahmoud! :-) I'm definitely going hiking, it'll be great! -
4th February, meet at 9am at sakanat El Maadi metro and we'll head to Wadi Degla for a nice walk. Check out the link from Mahmoud for details on what to bring :)

Hope some of you can make it :-D

Elaine

Howdy Hikers, and seat-warmers alike.  Anyone down for scrabble and coffee in Maadi this week? e.g. CSA?

hey guys

Hey Guys,
Hope All is fine ^_^
What a bout A musical Social Guys !!
Yes .. one of the most well known old Egyptian Singer ..An Icon Of Egypt Art !! "Om Kalthoume"

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/311206_268950019800813_100000574514049_1050038_367540_n.jpg

As U see we will enjoy the Songs & the Puppet Show too :)
ٍSo Let us meet Guys 2 Feb 2012 - 08:00 pm Culture wheel - Wisdom Hall
For the Map
yellowpages.com.eg/profile-ar/NTU0NzU=/El-Sawy-Cultural-Wheel.html
If U have no Car ..just PM me & I will tell U how to reach by Metro & Micro Bus ^_^
C.U there

Hey Eslam, sorry I only just saw this event, did you go? :)

The walk is still on for tomorrow as per the forum topic. Meet at 9am Maadi el sakkanat tomorrow morning, see you there! :-D

eltviola wrote:

Hey Eslam, sorry I only just saw this event, did you go? :)

The walk is still on for tomorrow as per the forum topic. Meet at 9am Maadi el sakkanat tomorrow morning, see you there! :-D

Hi Elaine ,
Unfortunately the cultural-wheel has cancelled all the events since 2-Feb till now Mourning for the souls of the Ahly Fans victims in the city of Port Said .. So I didn't go :/

Nice ..So .. C.U Tomorrow :)
Regards

Hello everyone.

I'm new here (well, newer *here* on the forum than in Cairo, but relatively new there as well) - and I just read about the hiking plan.

How did it go?

grimlock wrote:

Hello everyone.

I'm new here (well, newer *here* on the forum than in Cairo, but relatively new there as well) - and I just read about the hiking plan.

How did it go?

Unfortunatly I was so Tired & spent that day in Sleeping Zzzzzzz
So
I didn't go :/ 
I think Elaine will help U Man :)

grimlock wrote:

Hello everyone.

How did it go?

It was really a great day,Sun and fun :)

there  will be another hiking event who miss the last one on 10th of february we will meet on 11:00 infront of sakanat el maadi metro station

check the event

facebook.com/events/124998417620295

or call me Emad 0122358556

Hi, yeah it was great fun, shame no-one new from Expat.com came although a lot of old members came along - I think there were around 35 people from couchsurfing and EB in the end :D

The walk this Friday will be a similar type of hike I think, unfortunately I can't go but I encourage everyone else here to attend - it's safe, fun and good exercise! :)
Elaine

Don't forget to join us in our hiking :

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 027#616047

thanks Elaine for ur words forward seeing you in another events
but this event will not be the same :P

hahahahahaha Hiking become many events this days

here is the Event link of this friday

let's Hike,,,,,,,,,,, Hiking Wadi Degla Event + BBQ 10th of Feb.

There's another hiking event this Saturday with Couchsurfing - I highly recommend it! :D

Facebook event

Any suggestions for somewhere to go one evening? It's been a while since we had a drinks/food social :) I'm thinking the 23rd or 24th Feb.

Yes Elain let's do it, i missed ur outings

hi all, I am Tamer. I am new to the site, I hope I can meet some nice new friends :)

eltviola wrote:

Any suggestions for somewhere to go one evening? It's been a while since we had a drinks/food social :) I'm thinking the 23rd or 24th Feb.

Hey,I suggest Craves in Degla,Maadi...a pleasure for Dining.
Brunch at Al-Azhar Park on a sunny day doesn't sound too bad either..wla ehhh? ;)

the first Arabic rock band in Egypt. Known for their unique mix betwen the power of rock and the magic of the orient and also for their lyrics that touches the daily life of people in Egypt.
We will meet directly in front of Sawy culture wheel at 6 Pm on 25th of february to buy tickets or you can tell me if you are coming to buy you one ,or You can buy from these places
the price of ticket is 25 L.E like 3 Euros
ticketsmarche.com/se_952_cairokee.html

for more information call me Emad 0122358556

take a look

hii all :)

Hi jemie_85 and welcome to Expat.com!

A little introduction maybe?;)

Harmonie.

Waiting to see u all with ur Hat in our Weekly meeting :Dhttps://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=115453&p=4

Hi guys :) how about we meet up this Thursday night (23rd) for food and drink at felfela? Shall we say 7.30pm? :) it's in Downtown:
Felfela
Map & directions
Let me know if you're coming please :)
Elaine

Hello , my name is Ahmed .. I'm new here and this is my first post .. i would like to meet new people to improve my english .. and to help them improve their arabic .. I hope someone is interested :)

Hello there is this event on Monday 27th in Borsa Cafe

facebook.com/events/246327278787018/

it's by a well Known user on Expat Yasmine  and well Known Couchsurfer Mohamed Ezz  :)