Visiting reunion island during end of year 2011

Hi dear all reuion island people

i have heard a lot about Reunion island and really wish to visit during this year end.

i am basically and Indian boy working in Mauritius island for lat 2.5 years wanting to visit the nearby island .

any advice's where to stay as i might be travelling alone being a solo traveler and wanna know abt backpackers hotels to stay ( or chaep accommodation in Reunion island)

any advice's abt the ship travel from Mauritius to reunion and bak.

i inquired about the flight fare and its looking very high by year end.

hope to hear soon

cheers

-Vish

hey

you can find a lot of info on reunion.fr website.

you might have to rent a car to get around the island because the bus service is not that great. reunion is a great place for hiking because it is full of mountains.

i know the ship takes about a half a day to reunion but ihave never done it.

regards

ravi

If you are heading to the South of the Island I'd strongly recommend the Creolile hostel in Grande Anise near Petit Isle (creolile.re). I stayed there with my family for a couple of months while waiting for a house and it was great, comfortable and very friendly.

hi, the air fares are highest during peak seasons - mid december to end of january. July - end of august.

its cheaper to come by boat which is a 3000rs - 4000rs less than by air. you can enquire the exact rates on www.mauritiusshipping.intnet.mu

check for visa conditions before coming as you need an accomodation certificate for the length of your stay and proof of sufficient financial autonomy ( at least 50€ per day).

as for the rest good luck and bon voyage!

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/1148/signatureforumileenile.jpg