A trip to Laos

Hello everybody. I'm planing to travel to Laos on my own some time, heard that it's not really safe for a girl travels there alone. Anyone here has been to Laos could give me any advice? What should i prepare for my trip? Thanks for the tips in advance.

Wish you guys A Merry Christmas and A happy New Year
Annie

Hello Annie, your thread has been moved to Laos forum for better visibility.

Have a nice trip.;)

Harmonie.

I live in Laos and although it is a relatively safe country to travel in I suggest you not travel alone.

Hi Annie, Laos is actually a very safe place for you to travel alone, as a girl. I went two yrs back with my cousin and a friend around Laos and figured it was safe..so I returned last yr on my own..it was so liberating! Because there are many tourists around, it's easy to make friends too. In short, there's nothing to worry about! ;)

Thanks you guys...

No probs! I see that you're from HCMC? Vietnam's prolly the last of the main IndoChina countries I haven't visited cos I've been hearing mixed reviews abt it..but seeing that you're local..what do you say about it? Is it safe to travel there alone or should I go with buddies? Should I be worried about the language barrier?