Bus from Mellieha to San Gwann?

I am now considering renting in the Mellieha area but I am going to be attending a course for 6 months in San Gwann. Can anyone tell me if there would be a direct bus from Mellieha to San Gwann? I have done a google search but it isn't clear and from Google Maps it appears to be a 22 minute drive. I would be reluctant to rent in the Mellieha area if my commute is going to end up being an hour each way.

Thanks

http://www.arriva.com.mt/RoutePlansPage … _pk=FC6433

Hi,

this link is a route from Arriva website. It looks like you would have to take two busses and the shortest route would be 56 min. That's providing you don't have to wait for the bus. You can play around with the routes from different locations. It's on the Arriva home page, under My Journey.

we live in Mellieha and the bus service can be a little erratic to say the least especially at commute times..so research it well....NB it can take 20 minutes just to get to st pauls bay depending on which stop you get on in  Mellieha

with the old system it often took me 2 hrs each way from st paul,s bay so i resigned !!!!was only doing a few hrs freelance work and it wasn,t worth it...

Hmmm am quite disappointed by this as I have been researching Mellieha and really like the look of it. I am now thinking I might just have to try and pass my drivers test here so I can drive to San Gwann from Mellieha. I will go have a search and see if any other area appeals that might make for an easier commute.

I drove to San Gwanne yesterday and it took about 20-30minutes at a comfortable pace at about 830am and apart from a build up of traffic between Naxxar and Gharghur it was fine.

Mellieha is a lovely village _ although i am ever so slightly biased...LOl