Proposed Get Together In April

I would like to propose a get together here in Medellin on the first Sunday in April at the botanical gardens. There should be a Mercado Verde (similar to a framers market) that day. In any case hanging out in the patio adjacent to the In Situ restaurant for a coffee, beer or what ever and an opportunity to build social capital here in Medellin can't be all bad.

The Mercado Verde starts at 9:00 AM and goes through 5:00 PM. How about meeting at 1:30 PM?

If you are interested please make a response to this note or send me a private message.

Phil

topic sticked ;)

Julien: ?

I sticked your post on top of the forum discussions

I created a map of the routes to the In Situ restaurant from both the north and south entrances to the botanical gardens. If you like a copy of the map send me a message via Expat.com and we can arrange the best way to get it to you. If enough people are interested I will post it on my blog (A Medellin Chronicle) at http://pbunch.wordpress.com/ .

I think the easiest way to get to the gardens is via the Metro. Just take it to the Universidad Station, turn right at the bottom of the stairs and walk east to the south entrance. Piece of cake!

Sounds good  but why so late?

I agree. I think Feb would be better.

Sure. I mean, I'd be ok with anytime after new years. Do we have a sense of interest? Who all is interested? How do you feel about January/February?

Hi Pbunch,
  I am your newest member on this site and would like to meet other expats in medellin.  I will be attending another one of those blasted conferences about Colombia, and will be in town
on the 20th to the 29th.  I plan to stay at Su Casa 20th to 22nd and then if I do not find anything to my liking, I have a reservation 23rd to 29th at Sheraton.  My best frend was to accompany me and has cancelled giving me little notice and less time to secure accomodations I would feel comfortable with, besides the Sheraton, (which is where the conference is located).
I would love to meet up and chat with you and others, say around 21, 22, 23, or 24th of January. The conference is 25th, 26th and 27th and I am not sure what plans they have to show properties, but figure it will be Saturday, or Sunday. I get up early so time of day is no problem.  Looking forward to hearing from you.

Are any of you aware that this meet was posted in March 2011. BTW it never materialized.

Sorry, I thought this might be a regular they together because of the others response.  My apology and thanks for responding.   YoYo

I have found this blog very interesting as I am returning to live in Medellin after 11 years on Canada and 1 year in Paris.  I would love to meet people living in this city and share,experiences.

Well, Phil, it's June and I'm not living in Medellin yet.  Otherwise I would have replied to your March post re the Farmers Market meet-up in April.  Thank goodness I now know where the FM is! My plans are to be there in October, maybe before if I can swing it.  I spent 3 weeks in January with a lovely family in Estadio.  La senora offered to find me an apartment or small house in Laureles, and I am about to anoint her with that task.  My first order of business - intensive tutoring in Spanish.  Day and night.  Night and day.  It should be fun!