Socials for oldies and newbies

i will do my best to come ...i really miss you all since the boat trip :)

eltviola wrote:

OK so the next social will be this Friday 18th November, 8pm at TGI Friday's on Maadi Corniche (click link for more info)

Anyone is welcome, but please let me know here if you're coming to give me an idea of numbers :)
Thanks,

Elaine

I will attend ISA

eltviola wrote:

OK so the next social will be this Friday 18th November, 8pm at TGI Friday's on Maadi Corniche (click link for more info)

Anyone is welcome, but please let me know here if you're coming to give me an idea of numbers :)
Thanks,

Elaine

coming isA but don't know the place exactly :(:(

Hi Magdy, I provided a link if you click on TGI Friday's above, there's a map and address so you can find it :)

See you guys tonight!

Elaine

Thank u Elaine so much for this gr8 night,it was really nice to meet u all :D

and waiting to see u all,specially u Elaine in the next Weekly Meeting this Tuesday ;)

Mahmoud

Sorry Elaine , i wasn't able to make it
maybe next time isA

Hi folks :)
There is a Christmas Bazaar this Saturday (3rd December) at the Conrad hotel, which I'm told is usually a lot of fun and the proceeds go to charity! :D I propose a group of us meet up there.

I know most of you don't celebrate Christmas, but it's a good chance to see a bit of other people's tradition and enjoy the atmosphere, in exchange for me enjoying Eid Al Fitr ;)

There will be arts & crafts, drinks (my friend Emer will be serving Irish coffee on one of the stalls!) Every embassy from Europe will have a stall there selling sweets, chocolate etc.

Entry ticket is 20LE, so not much :)
It's on from 9.30-2pm, so I guess if we meet at 11am we'll have enough time to browse. We can always go for a drink somewhere afterwards in Zamalek too. Who's in? :)

Elaine

Hi El,

I am in... This will be my first outing with the people from this community and would expect it to be a lot of fun. Guess the event too should add color to the meeting.....

Arun

eltviola wrote:

Hi folks :)
There is a Christmas Bazaar this Saturday (3rd December) at the Conrad hotel, which I'm told is usually a lot of fun and the proceeds go to charity! :D I propose a group of us meet up there.

I know most of you don't celebrate Christmas, but it's a good chance to see a bit of other people's tradition and enjoy the atmosphere, in exchange for me enjoying Eid Al Fitr ;)

There will be arts & crafts, drinks (my friend Emer will be serving Irish coffee on one of the stalls!) Every embassy from Europe will have a stall there selling sweets, chocolate etc.

Entry ticket is 20LE, so not much :)
It's on from 9.30-2pm, so I guess if we meet at 11am we'll have enough time to browse. We can always go for a drink somewhere afterwards in Zamalek too. Who's in? :)

Elaine

Great, glad you'll come! :D

Anyone else? We need a distraction from politics once in a while and this is the perfect excuse :) I'll be bringing one or two friends, but the more the merrier :)

i'm in too

me to but maybe earlier ;)

My pleasure... any specific place where we should be meeting?
I will be there @ 11.00 am - Saturday

C ya

Arun

eltviola wrote:

Great, glad you'll come! :D

Anyone else? We need a distraction from politics once in a while and this is the perfect excuse :) I'll be bringing one or two friends, but the more the merrier :)

Great Idea, will be my first with other expats in Cairo.
Will try to come over tomorrow!

Glad we have a few more takers :-D we'll meet at 11am in the Conrad hotel reception tomorrow morning :)

See you guys there!

Elaine

opps sorry,my work called me,have fun my dear friends

Oops,

I arrived quite a bit too late at Conrad and with all the people around couldn't find you all...
Very sorry but will be on time next time!

Harry

Hi,
Sorry you couldn't find us at the Conrad Harry! :(

I'm proposing the next social to be at El Morocco restaurant on the blue Nile boat, meet at 8pm on Thursday 15th.  Let me know if you can make  it and I'll try to book a table for around the right number, in my name  :)

Elaine

Date ?

ahmednabil wrote:

Date ?

:D oops! Corrected, thanks :P

eltviola wrote:
ahmednabil wrote:

Date ?

:D oops! Corrected, thanks :P

I will try to come . Thank you Elaine for usual efforts.

I think in Thursday in el Morroco they have always a big party with a minimum charge,,,,u know that Elain

But it is usually empty before midnight i dont think it will be a problem if the meeting will start at 8pm.

I am just telling u that coz i knew that there is some of the ppl hate to be in a loud music places,,,,I hope that u will enjoy ur meeting ;)
I will be organizing the election in that time,,,,but for sure i am with u by my heart :D

thanks Mr H :D I did some more research then realised it's like a nightclub not a bar... never been there so I didn't know :)

Attention folks!! :cool: I'm changing the venue to Carlo's Cafe at Le Pacha. Sorry I'm not into clubbing guys ;)

So we'll meet at 8pm at Carlo's on Le Pacha boat in Gezira on Thursday evening. Minimum charge I think is 125LE. Hope that's ok!

U are more than welcome ;)

@etivola thanks for the interesting event, it was a real cheerful gathering as usual and very pleasent company :)
i would love to come next time

Thanks Omar! :D Was great to see you again and a fun night out.

Seems like the forum enthusiasm has died a little but hopefully in the new year it'll pick up again :)

Elaine

Nice to get to know u guys have this frequent gathering:) thanks to the efforts of Elaine and all. I love to meet with new friends, will try to catch the next one n hopefully c u then:)

Eltviola,
Why don't u arrange somethin new in the near future, maybe after new years?

AliNajim wrote:

Eltviola,
Why don't u arrange somethin new in the near future, maybe after new years?

LOOOOOL I need new glasses. I read your post with "few" instead of "new" .......

LooooooooL

no really I thought u were trolling LOL

Hey all,
Although i have been registered on the site for quite some time, i haven't really logged on or checked it out. I noticed the great efforts put into the numerous outings, and would really like to attend your next outing.
Thanks

Hi guys and gals :) sorry it's been a while, I'm back in Cairo now - Happy new year to you all!

How about we go out on Friday afternoon (after prayer) in Al Azhar park? It's been a while since we met there and hopefully the sun will be shining :cool:

Unless there are any other better ideas, let's say 2pm on Friday 13th Jan  at Trianon in Al Azhar park for a lazy afternoon social.

Hope to see you there, pm me your number if you're worried about finding the group. Maybe I'll bring my Egyptian flag along to make it easier, if they'll let me in with it :D

Elaine

eltviola wrote:

Hi guys and gals :) sorry it's been a while, I'm back in Cairo now - Happy new year to you all!

How about we go out on Friday afternoon (after prayer) in Al Azhar park? It's been a while since we met there and hopefully the sun will be shining :cool:

Unless there are any other better ideas, let's say 2pm on Friday 13th Jan  at Trianon in Al Azhar park for a lazy afternoon social.

Hope to see you there, pm me your number if you're worried about finding the group. Maybe I'll bring my Egyptian flag along to make it easier, if they'll let me in with it :D

Elaine

yay dammmm Wb Elaine..im sure everyone missed u
I hope that u've Enjoyed Ur Time There :) good to see u back..sadly i won't be able to make it cuz i have the term exams i will finish on 24th...and go to the square for celebration on 25th..but yeah u guys have fun

eltviola wrote:

Elaine

Wish I'd join,I love park outings ,possibly heading back to PortSaid for weekend with my folks,i'd be able to come if you intend to plan an outing on Midweek..have fun and hopefully you'll get some nice weather on Friday Afternoon :)

Elain, am not lucky at all:(:( the outing is too early, i will finish work @ 7 PM :s:s:s

Hello Expatians =)
It sounds so interesting ,especially I didn't go there for a long time !!
I really like Elaine idea about bringing his Egyptian flag as a mark .. I am wondering if everyone bring his/her flag too we can have a group flags photo :) btw I will bring my Bahraini flag with me
C.U there
CHeeeeeeeeeRs
:D:D

Hmm the weather is kind of crappy today :( raining and very cold!!  Can we postpone until tomorrow? It should be warmer and sunnier then. Sorry for the short notice!!

Let's meet tomorrow, Saturday 14th at 2pm in Trianon in al Azhar :) hope a few can still make it!!

Elaine

It seems that Today is Coooooooolder than Yesterday :blink: !!!
Sorry :/,I prefer to keep studying under the BLANKET for my coming Exams :sleep