Help Needed

Hi,

I got an opportunity to work as Lecturer for A level at Maldives for economics subjects with a total salary of US $834. Pl. let me know if a couple can live comfortable with this salary somewhere in any other islands other than Male. I'm a vegetarian. How wud be the living conditions for vegetarians there. Pl. do let me know.

How wud be the career as a lecturer there/

Hi,

I got an opportunity to work as Lecturer for A level at Maldives for economics subjects with a total salary of US $834. Pl. let me know if a couple can live comfortable with this salary somewhere in any other islands other than Male. I'm a vegetarian. How wud be the living conditions for vegetarians there. Pl. do let me know.

How wud be the career as a lecturer there/

HI sandeep,

mostly the teachers are provided with accomodation, you have to ask for this as with this salary it will be quite difficult to live comfortably and to save. all depends on your life style you choose here.

this is on average what most of the teachers are paid, but you can make more than this buy giving private tuition,

3 hours per week class is $35+ per student, you can easily make double your salary if you have a group of students in the same class.

being a vegetarian is not difficult in maldives, but could be costly as the most of the vegetables are imported you will find your self paying a lot more than what you pay for the same.

hope this helps.

make sure the your employer gives your accomodation. if so you will be fine with this salary.

cheers
mooch

Hi Mooch,

Thanx for the reply. I inquired few other people too and they too said the same, like it wud be a bit tough to stay der wit such a little pay. Hence, I wud like to drop out that idea. Thanx for ur suggestions.