Living, Working and Doing Business in Ha Noi

Hi gang,

I attended a friend's wedding in Ha Noi 2 months ago; and I have been flying there quite a bit since.  I could not help but fall in love with the weather there, it reminds me a lot of home--southern California.  And the people there...  They are quite different that those in south Vietnam, but they are just as amazing.  They are so warm, they offer a great opportunity for me to learn.

Many of them have suggested that I expand my cosmetics and clothes business to the out-skirts of the city.  Some even offered to partner with me on my expansion plan.  I like the idea, but I am not too sure if it is worth the effort.

Can those of you who have been living, working and/or doing business there fill me in on this.  I would really like to see your takes on the weather, the property rates, places to live, transportations, the working environments and conditions, night life, the authority's attitudes toward foreigners and Viet Kieus, the foods (western and north Vietnamese)...

Also, if I don't expand in cosmetics and clothes, what else can I or should I do there on a part-time basis.  Ha Noi is only a 2 hour flight away from where I am currently at.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Howie

Maybe your thoughts of Ha Noi and California will change a little in February when the weather more resembles northern California.

VN Government Help Website < www.business.gov.vn/index.aspx >

Hi Jaitch,

Thanks for a great link.  It will help me out a lot with all the things that I am doing here.

Yes, I am aware of the hot weather in Ha Noi.  It is why I only consider going there on a part-time basis, perhaps seasonal.  I have worked too hard to build my base camp in Can Tho.

Howie