Thinking of moving to India for work

Hello everyone. I am 44 year. I guess there are quite a few people like me here. My husband was proposed a job in New Degli and we are now to make a decision. This is why I subscribed to this site and right now trying to find what sort of life might expect me there. We are living in Europe now, children are grown, so it is just for us to think. In the beginning the proposal seemed interesting and it seemed a good challenge to change the life style and to see different life. But it is difficult to make a decision when you never been in the country and there is no time for that. So this is my introduction letter, I hope I put it in the right place i will ask more questions  of course. For the moment it is interesting to know how other people from other countries managed to organize their life in India, do they have regrets, how to meet new people and make friends
I hope i will find friends here.

Hi, agenta.
it is all up to you. I am 43. I leaved in Russia, left everything i had without regrets and came to Delhi having nothing except tourist visa and desire to stay in India for life. I got to know India in different ways - by reading books, watching movie etc. When i came here first time, i saw life here as i dreamed.
Very difficult to say about India, because it is special. If you can not accept life here, you can leave anytime. I think very difficult to advice anything to you, it is like if you read or watch news on tv. everyone has own view.
Wish you all the best.

Thank you for the reply; My biggest concern was if i will manage to make friends there; i do not know about work because I presume it is not easy to get the right for work. About the rest I do not worry to much, i know I will like it. Do you have friends now, I am russian actually and can write in russian.

We can`t write in Russian on this site, because other members should understand to be able to help, or suggest something. If you want, we can have chat on skype, or connect by e-mail.

Tatyana.

..IT's your choice,..well the only matter is the betterment you want.. that's cool :)