Public transportation in Papua New Guinea

Hi all,

What do you think about the means of transportation in Papua New Guinea ?

Is the network of means of transportation well developed? What modes of transport are available?

Do you use them?

How much is a fare?

Are they relatively safe?

What is the mean of transportation you use the most in Papua New Guinea?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Makes me kind of laught. I guess you've never been in PNG?
I hitchhiked 2 month through PNG without using any flights, so I try to give some information:

There are some streets. Ans some of the have a public transport. For example Madang to Lae and the Highlands, Kerema to Port Moresby or Angoram to Wewak. But mostly you need to try to travel by ship or by plane. Its always quite dangerous, expensive and uncomfortable. Its the land for adventure, not for comfort...

There are quite a lot of hold ups and the Police can be dangerous cymytrip3.over-blog.de/pages/Open_letter_Report_about_Policeviolence-5833199.html But as a foreigner you shouldnt be harmed. ALWAYS shake the drivers hand, so you know if he is wasted.

Enjoy the people.cymytrip3.over-blog.de/pages/Akte_Buangfestival_singsing-5829228.html]Enjoy the people. cymytrip3.over-blog.de/pages/Akte_Buangfestival_singsing-5829228.html The PNG people in the villages are just awesome.

Expats do not use public transport here, they go places thru private cars, or employer arranged-transport.