Socials for oldies and newbies

Excellent, the more the merrier :) I hope you're feeling better Rania!
See you guys tomorrow, and feel free to bring friends if you like :)

Yeah il come for sure it will be nice to see you Ezz Rania and Yasmine again and nice to meet you elaine, and who ever else that comes! there are so many ways to get to the garden i hope i find you!

Anyone is welcome to join :)

Still on for tonight, 7.30pm at the Marriott garden cafe in Zamalek. See you there! :)

Elaine

Thanks Eliane for the outing it was great, and hope to repeat it again and again :)

Elain Elain, thx for this amazing outing, you are doing wonderful job as usual,and I hope I could stay longer but I was just coming from the airport,and I left the meeting early to say good bye to my sister too:S
Thanks guys for this good time that I had yesteday, and thanks for our great organzer Elain:):)

All of you are lovely:)
Cheers All:):):)

Yeah it was a fun night looking forward to the next and novotel on Tuesday! Thanks again

Yeah it was a fun night looking forward to the next and novotel on Tuesday! Thanks again

Thanks for coming guys and gals, it was really fun and lovely to see some new faces :D I can't make it on Tuesday but will organise something probably for next weekend :)
Any suggestions?

Elaine
x

Hey Elain, great job with yesterday's outing. Heard it was a lot of fun. Hope to join next time. I have posted the idea we talked about for the outing next Friday on my thread. This is what I posted:

For the next outing on Friday 30th of September, I suggest doing something during the day, we could watch a movie at Galaxy Cinema (in Manial) at 1:00pm (movies cost half price, 15LE and 20LE for 3D movies)

Then, we can have some lunch in any nice restaurant by the nile or in Mohandeseen. There is "Quay" which is just by the nile on the opposite side of Galaxy Cinema. It has beautiful food, drinks and shisha (minimum charge of 60L.E. before 6:00pm and 100LE after 6:00pm). If that is expensive, we can go to Roastry Coffee or Tuscanni in Mohandeseen (both closed with no minimum or shisha). They also serve lovely food and drinks. Prices are reasonable.

We would have to reserve places in these restaurants so plz confirm here if u r interested. If u have any other ideas for restaurants, plz post them.

We can also go to any coffee shop afterwords, if u'd all like that.

Sounds great Rania, I'll be there :) I don't mind which cafe we go to :D

Hey all

I would love to come for lunch onwards im not sure about the cinema before hand so if it goes ahead il be happy to catch up with everyone after that!

Am in :)

Boat trip
OK guys and gals :D We have reserved a boat for 6th October holiday at Ain Sokhna which holds up to 30 people!! Please please please bring a friend along if you can, the more people we have the cheaper it will be and the more fun! ;)

The boat cost LE 3500 in total, so you can do the maths - over 20 people is a must, 25 or 30 would be great to bring the cost per person down to more like 130LE each :) I'll call round as many of my friends as I can to get numbers up, but your help would be really appreciated :)

We can confirm exact time and who's driving whom in the next few days, once we have a better idea of who's coming. In the mean time if those who are offering to drive could post on here:
Driving from where in Cairo?:
Number of Spare seats?:
Any Preferences for Passengers (smokers/non-smokers/male/female/don't care)?:

If you're coming, please PM me your mobile number if you don't have mine, and I'll send mine back to you :) we have 14 confirmed people so far so a good sized group :D

Thanks, I know this will be great fun ;)

Elaine

new one here

Sherif2015 wrote:

new one here

?? Sorry I don't understand what you're trying to say.

All, I'm gonna be away for a few weeks on holiday/training (again, I know, sorry!!) so I won't be arranging any more socials until after Eid :( I hope someone else can organise at least one while I'm away :D

Elaine

Good luck elaine

Waiting u back Elaine :)

why we didn't arrange a meeting ???

just to refresh this topic
Gipsy kings will peform at the garden of the french embassy on the 16th of Nov. 2011 @7:30 pm
hope to c ya all there

freeman_sam wrote:

Gipsy kings will peform at the garden of the french embassy on the 16th of Nov. 2011 @7:30 pm
hope to c ya all there

Gipsy kings :) post the details plzzzzzz

magdy_840 wrote:
freeman_sam wrote:

hope to c ya all there

guess you may contact the french embassy or the cultural center for details
g.luck

I am new to this forum & would love to meet up with you guys and get to know you! please keep us posted

hey guys , i will do a walking Trip of Old Cairo " Islamic Cairo "
any one interested ??

Hi Guys,

I see the post ended back in May...but perhaps we can continue the thread for a gathering over Eid holidays.

btw, Hi Expats.  Im Rob.  Came here during the revolution, lived in helipolis and moved to Maadi this Fall. new to the site as well.

hey people how are you all :) do you remember me ??
no Croatian people here ? i will move next 9 DEC i wanna some information please ! thanks alot
:)

hey guys the details
A Walking Trip of Old Cairo " Islamic Cairo "

hey guys for whom still not see the beauty of old Cairo you can join us
we will meet at the Exit of Ghamra Metro station 5.30pm 10/11/2011 Thursday then we will hit to the old Cairo
1- Bab El Nasr
2- El Hakem Ba'mr ALLAH Mosque
3- El Moe'zz Street
4- Khan El Khalili
5- El Husin Mosque
6- El Fishawy Cafe

to RSVP contact m
Regards
Magdy

p.s : it's free

hey guys i would love hang out with u if its possible . thxx

hey guys i'd like to join u if i can , i'd like to make new friends if its possible thx

freeman_sam wrote:
magdy_840 wrote:
freeman_sam wrote:

hope to c ya all there

guess you may contact the french embassy or the cultural center for details
g.luck

Awesome I'm definitely looking that up, thanks!

Ok so socials have stopped for a while but we can get back on track now I'm back to kick you guys into gear ;) Little bit egotistical perhaps... :p anyway it's great to be back after almost a month away :)

How about I organise a meetup for this Friday night (or during the day)? Any suggestions? If no-one has any ideas I'll just pick something random to try as usual :D

Elaine

Welcome back Elain :)

Elain,try to arrange before or after this Friday cause there will be huge amount of people in Tahrir today and such and i'm planning to join them , but in meanwhile i was planning to get to you guys and such,im new here btw :)

hello all
the Gypsy's concert is postpone till the 26 of Nov.

Rozypearl wrote:

Hey Elain, great job with yesterday's outing. Heard it was a lot of fun. Hope to join next time. I have posted the idea we talked about for the outing next Friday on my thread. This is what I posted:

For the next outing on Friday 30th of September, I suggest doing something during the day, we could watch a movie at Galaxy Cinema (in Manial) at 1:00pm (movies cost half price, 15LE and 20LE for 3D movies)

Then, we can have some lunch in any nice restaurant by the nile or in Mohandeseen. There is "Quay" which is just by the nile on the opposite side of Galaxy Cinema. It has beautiful food, drinks and shisha (minimum charge of 60L.E. before 6:00pm and 100LE after 6:00pm). If that is expensive, we can go to Roastry Coffee or Tuscanni in Mohandeseen (both closed with no minimum or shisha). They also serve lovely food and drinks. Prices are reasonable.

We would have to reserve places in these restaurants so plz confirm here if u r interested. If u have any other ideas for restaurants, plz post them.

We can also go to any coffee shop afterwords, if u'd all like that.

sounds good, I'm in

freeman_sam wrote:
Rozypearl wrote:

For the next outing on Friday 30th of September, I suggest doing something during the day, we could watch a movie at Galaxy Cinema (in Manial) at 1:00pm ....

sounds good, I'm in

This is an old outing... check the date! :)

Coffee meeting in Maadi this Friday anyone? I appreciate we should stay away from Tahrir as it'll be really busy most likely :D I don't plan to demonstrate :p Sadly I'm busy on Thursday and Saturday so Friday is my only option, hope some ppl can make it!

Elaine

May I attend if you don't mind

eltviola wrote:
freeman_sam wrote:
Rozypearl wrote:

For the next outing on Friday 30th of September, I suggest doing something during the day, we could watch a movie at Galaxy Cinema (in Manial) at 1:00pm ....

sounds good, I'm in

Coffee meeting in Maadi this Friday anyone? I appreciate we should stay away from Tahrir as it'll be really busy most likely :D I don't plan to demonstrate :p Sadly I'm busy on Thursday and Saturday so Friday is my only option, hope some ppl can make it!

Elaine

I will attend , Please inform us, when? and where?

eltviola wrote:
freeman_sam wrote:
Rozypearl wrote:

sounds good, I'm in

Elaine

Why not in Heliopolis?

AMostafa - There are hardly any decent places to go out in Heliopolis that I know of, that are open late and aren't smoky... I live there and I rarely go out there for socials, although it'd be convenient for me! :D But many people come from Mohandessin/Giza so it's a long way to come :)

But perhaps next time ;) Do you know any good places in Heliopolis?

Agree with u eltviola

OK so the next social will be this Friday 18th November, 8pm at TGI Friday's on Maadi Corniche (click link for more info)

Anyone is welcome, but please let me know here if you're coming to give me an idea of numbers :)
Thanks,

Elaine