Life in Mali

Dear All,

I will relocate to Mali soon and would like to get as many information as possible about all aspects of life in Bamako.

First of all, I need to know about the housing in Bamako, what are the most calm and secure neighbors in Bamako?
is there the availablity of furnished apartments or small villas ?

Second, I need to get information about the professional life in Bamako, are there any opportunities of work for expatriates? what are the multinational companies settled in Bamako? does any one know some useful links to apply online?

Also, I need to know about the social life in Bamako, are there any clubs, cafes, etc... where one can go after work.

What about sport activities? are there any safe places where one can exercise and do some jogging?

Are there any shopping malls in Bamako? (clothes, shoes...etc)

Hope to get some answers for my questions...

Best regards,

hi my sister is thinking of moving to mali with her husband, next year she is moving from sa, what is it like there, would anyone be willing to give their contact info for her so she could contact them possibly on facebook as she doesnt have a computer and it would be nice if she had a friend when she arrived although he probably would be made to feel at home by the company he works for. thanks jenny