Set up logistics office in Mozambique

Hi friends

Our company want to set up a logistic office for handling the cargoes delivery from Zimbabwe. Can anybody give me some suggestions or tell me what should be done. thanks very much.

Welcome to the forum vflin :)

Hope other members will bring their input soon.

Regards :)

I will start by wishing you luck. It very much depends on where you want to set up. I presume that Beira is the city of choice due to its proximity to Zim.
It also depends on the size of the company, if its foreign investment or just a small business trying to facilitate a larger goal.
Give me a bit more info and i will try and put you on the right path....

Dear Scanner,

Thanks for your strong assistance.

Actually, there are about 5,000MT cargoes need to be transported from Zimbabwe to Beira for our customer every month.
So we should build a team to control the whole trace of transportation with shipping by truck or train. I intend to look for some cooperators to finish these task.

Can you give me a few advices?

Thanks very much.

I have done transport in this area previously with a huge company.
Unless you know Africa, it's borders, ports and how to bribe the right people, don't do it. You will loose so much money on delays,demurrage and corrupt officials that you will make no profits on 5000 ton. My advice is to employ someone who has done this before and pay them a good salary of at least 5000us a month to save you time and money.
Have fun

hello setting up an office can be easy depending on the capacity.
your business from my inquiery can do well but you need to employ the right guys.
i can help u with this.
contact me for more details.
[email protected]