2nd try: Let's meet up AAN (Al Ain) Expats

Hi to ALL Expats in Al Ain,
(Expats from other emirates are WELCOME)

We are fortunate to live in UAE where you get the chance to meet people from all across the world! UAE is also a great location to be in if you are a travel enthusiast. Life's richness is found in getting to know each other and to learn the amazing uniqueness, yet astounding similarity there is between us.

Let us take advantage of the richness and diversity we have in Al Ain to form a meetup group geared at arranging opportunities for:

1. Meeting people from places that you may like to travel to

2. Meeting people who like to explore other cultures through their food and cuisine. This can be done through restaurant meetups or cook-out sessions where you can be the cook and invite others to try..leading up to a lot of recipe exchanges

3. To meet people who want more adventure and exploration in their life....trekking, camping, hiking, volunteering holidays, eco holidays, mountain climbing, para sailing etc etc .

4. Meeting people who want to travel to the same places you do, allowing for the opportunity to form travel groups

There is something about travelling and exploring new cultures and places and pushing yourself over your limits that enriches the soul.....lets meet up and make it happen..

Life is Movement...let us make the shift.

What: Expats in AL Ain 1st Meetup
When:  October 13 (thurs.)or 14 (fri.), 2011
Where: we'll check it out.

Comments/Suggestions are most Welcome.

Cheers,

princessmia

Hi All,

Just want to meet new friends here in Al Ain, We can just have a cup of cofee, or have dinner in one of the hotels here in Al Ain, or could watch movie, let's explore AAN together.

Feel free to suggest events and let's organize, using this as a platform -- the best way to make new friends.  We generally aim for low-cost events, and split costs. Small get-togethers may be nicer for newcomers than big events.

Please leave a comment.

Thanks!

i am in , The food idea is really nice , we can try so many different cosines from around the world…. 

see u soon

sorry i ment ,,,, cuisines   :)

Hey there Mia

Count me in :-)

Events - well the important aspects to a successful event - laughter, activity and snacks.

Activity - could be stuff like a paintball bout, or trekking (tiring) - a simple event of dumb charades at a comfy coffee shop.

Just my two pence!

-H

Topic sticked.

count me in also .

if u need to meet in coffee shop i think there is nice place
(krispy cream coffee shop) where we can talk and chat there .

nice place close to jimi mall if anyone dont know the place ask me plz , i will be happy to lead u .

Hi ALL, sorry for late reply, have some problems regarding my password here but already emailed the team.

@ Christine: Thanks a lot!!

@ amjo: hope to see you soon,are you free with those dates? or i think we could still move on the date, so we can still invite other expats for a coffee or just a simple get together, let me know what's on your mind.

@ kamboosh: thanks for the suggestions, we could go there also, nice idea. we could start from there i guess.invite your friends too.

@ msmithjr: thanks, advance Happy Birthday!! hope you and your wife could come and hope you can invite your friends too. I think we can change the date, what you think?

think positive

cheers,

princessmia

Sounds Great !

Count me in as well :)

Cheers

on October 13 thurs i have something to do from 5pm to 8 or 9pm, but friday im free ,so if anything between 5 to 9pm i may come late sorry for that .

If I can join??

Every one's invited!!

sure you can join Yasin ..

hi
just to be in the group how about bawadi mall
finds gr8 wish to have some one there with me

Hey All,

My call would be to go in for drinks probably at Hilton or Rotana.

Has anyone sorted out anything in for tommorow ( thursday 06th Oct 2011)

Drop a line .

Cheers

Hi All,

@ yasinm: you are most Welcome, please let me know what's on ur mind.

@ kamboosh, and Back_in_alain, which dates are u free guys?

@ prince75: thanks for the reply, we can go there as well, we can start from there as a group and we have to fix the final date..

@ jack_in_the_box_is_out: that would be nice also.

Cheers

fridays is ok free all the time (thris only after 9 pm )

well i am stuck till i get my next client in Qatar -- so am free I guess on weekends or weekadays -- just run the time past me though...

rather than the day - shouldn't the activity or location be fixed up Mia??

We could tell the admin to send out a admin alert to all in the forum that there is a meetup at so and so place at so so time....

@Admin - any comments?

Mia?

If need be we could all go for a relaxed dinner/coffee the first time and then decide on an activity...

I have only got the following so far ... Bowling (me - total amateur and dud ) or paintballing. I was gonna say scrabble --- but everyone will rain me with comments! :D

princessmia wrote:

Hi All,

@ yasinm: you are most Welcome, please let me know what's on ur mind.

@ kamboosh, and Back_in_alain, which dates are u free guys?

@ prince75: thanks for the reply, we can go there as well, we can start from there as a group and we have to fix the final date..

@ jack_in_the_box_is_out: that would be nice also.

Cheers

Hello Back_in_alain!

When there is an Expat.com Meet Up, we stick the topic so that members can see it easily.

And by subscribing to the topic, you will receive a notification by mail to inform you about the update.

Harmonie.:)
Expat.com Team.

Hey All.

I am travellin in tonite out of country :D

Enjoy the meetup all

Cheers

count on me for 13 or 14. I will try my best to not have something to do.

That's really very nice idea.
At least you have a good company better than going out alone.
Also to make a network here and have an honest & good friends
Good luck guys and hope that here in Dubai we can find a decent people who will be like that.

@deeplove - you should try intiating something in Dubai - it will be way more participatory!

hurairah wrote:

count on me for 13 or 14. I will try my best to not have something to do.

I hope Mia has PM'ed you.

hello guys ..i am andre living in al ain and working for my own place here..al ain paintball...would be nice to make more friends...any one interested....i can leave my contaat details..thks,see ya guys!!!

btw nice to meet u mia!!!;;)

08/10/11

Hi All,

Greetings!

@ hurairah: thank you, i sent u private mail.

@ andrei al ain: thank you. nice to meet you here too, i sent u private mail too.

@ deeplove4u: thank you, u are welcome to join us,hope to see u here in al ain too.

thanks a lot for the reply.
see u soon.

cheers

Mia,

My advice is to stick to one date, time and place say 14th Oct. 2011 @ 7.00 pm, Venue - Bawadi mall.

Second floor near ice rink / pool centre is nice place to meet together at one place and then can proceed to food court, etc later after some tp.

This is just an advice.

yasinm wrote:

Mia,

My advice is to stick to one date, time and place say 14th Oct. 2011 @ 7.00 pm, Venue - Bawadi mall.

Second floor near ice rink / pool centre is nice place to meet together at one place and then can proceed to food court, etc later after some tp.

This is just an advice.

08 Oct
Hi Yasin,

thank you for the reply , advice and suggestion.Im sorry, but meetup date was changed. i sent you email.
   October 10, monday at 7pm at bawadi mall starbucks - to meet and greet, and that's final.

see you there,

Thanks.

@ to all who called me today, thank you. and see you there.
I will call you after my work around 5pm on Oct . 10, monday.

once again, thank you

cheers

OK i will come ,meet all there .

count me in!

Count me in...

Hi all,

meetup confirmed. see u all later at bawadi mall 7pm,

cheers

10 oct, 11pm

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule for this meetup. I appreciate your time and consideration, and looking forward for the next meetup (hopefully before Nov.), i enjoyed the evening, from the bottom of my heart Thank you for making it possible.

cheers!

princessmia

Hi princessmia, nice name.. I am M 30 also in Al Ain, the garden city of UAE, wants to meet you.. Let me know where should I can meet you?

stanlystv wrote:

Hi princessmia, nice name.. I am M 30 also in Al Ain, the garden city of UAE, wants to meet you.. Let me know where should I can meet you?

Dear Stanlystv,

Thank you for showing interest in participating in Al Ain's meet-up group. We should hopefully have something set up similar to the meet-up group in Abu Dhabi.

Once the next meet-up is arranged Mia will let you and rest know about it.

Speak with you soon.

Regards,

Mohit

Hi ALL, how's life going on now?

@ stanlystv, hope ur doing great.im still planning for the nextmeetup, plan to have it on Sunday.we can watch movie together, or please suggest activities or some nice places to hangout with the guys. really looking forward to see u on our next meetup, and thanks for being interested. much appreciated.

@ Mohit: thanks for all the support and understanding. all things are getting better now. thank u once again.

hope to hear from u guys soon.

cheers,

princessmia

When's the next meetup?

Hi ALL,

@ SQ21: Hi, would you like to start the 2nd meetup this time?  But i think most expats are going for holiday on the weekends, and some have long weekends as well, that's why im planning for the next meetup after HAJJ holidays.what can you say about that? Let's organize the nextmeetup and see you soon.

cheers,

princessmia

@princessmia I figured as much holidays are in order for Eid, but was just wondering for future notice. I guess any time after the Eid break would be good. Maybe for my birthday!! on the 21. Dinner/ drinks/ socializing would be fine. As well, a more strenuous activity like hiking or hashing would be good too. I'm open to ideas, just looking to have some fun!

@SQ21: yeah right after the Eid and would be great as well if it is on 21st of November,or let's invite all November celebrants and select a date,to celebrate their birthday with us ( count me in, lol), plus other expats as well,i think that would be nice :)we can have dinner/drinks/ socializing/ bbq time and we can have outdoor activity as well. let's plan together, meet and greet and have fun at the same time.

cheers,

Hey there ppl

Sorry I couldn't give you a heads up (though I did mention it at the first meetup ) - I have left AAN and UAE for a short while - hopefully back in a month or so :)

Meanwhile I will keep tabs on the forum and try to coordinate any meetups :)

Cheers ppl