Dentists in the dr

Hola.  I wondered what experiences or comments about dentists in the Dominican Republic someone might wish to share- such as  price, efficiency, and availability of dental care.   
My husband and I visited Santiago for a week in February and enjoyed it very much.  We need to learn more Spanish and more about the culture.  The next time we return we hope to explore the north coast area more.
gracias, estella

Estella,

I have had very good experiences with the dentist here in Santiago.  The office is very clean, his equipment is new, he uses numbing gel before giving you any needles, very professional.  He doesn't speak english but some of the women in the office do understand some.  To get three cavities filled and teeth cleaned it was about 100.00US.  That was for three visits - the consultation, filling the cavities and the cleaning.

Thanks for the reply and good information.   I am glad to hear you had a positive experience seeking dental care in the DR.
I think medical care can be better and less expensive in many countries than it is in the USA. 
I found the people of Santiago to be honest and friendly on our recent visit, with exception of two tourist guide scam artists.

Dental care here can be as good or better then  many locations in USA and Canada (don't know anything about UK)

I have  had excellent care here and at  far lower prices then in Canada.Ask for referrals to dentists.  In Puerto Plata and area  we recommend  Dr. Lepe,he has a modernish office and he speaks English. Very  good professional service,even  with a coward like me! I hate going to the dentist. I  needs someone to come with me and hold my hand!

Thanks for the reply and referral.   I am glad you received such good dental care in the DR, and also at a reasonable price.
And though it is my responsibility to learn more Spanish, it is nice to have English available, particularly in medical situations.

This is a very good dentist in the Colonial Zone, Santo Domingo area.He speaks English and has all the services in his office that you might need.
[Moderated: No free ad + please use private messages]
Sorry did not realize that links were not permitted. The dentists name is Dr. Pascual Nova and his numbers are 809-221-3284,   809-981-4901

Thanks greatly for the information.  I appreciate all the people who participate and share experiences on this blog, about this topic as well as my previous questions about life in the DR.   Gracias and best wishes.

Hello all, does anyone have Dr. Lepe number and address

I am interested  following.

2 crown  @ 15000
1  root canel 7500
deep cleaning whole mouth 5000

I will be there on July 19

dinesh doshi

Address plz

Address plz

Dra. Elinna Francisco (female) in SD.

Tell her that Dr. Angel Jiminez referred you.

1 (849) 207-9686

I am indian comming to santo demingo on July 19 and wish to do some
dental work at following price I can afford.

2 pcs. crown at @15000 each

Root canal for 8000

full mouth deep cleaning 5000

olease email me at ***

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct