Rent a flat or a house in Guadeloupe

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Guadeloupe. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Guadeloupe.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Which kinds of accommodation are available in Guadeloupe?

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Guadeloupe?

How to find a home in Guadeloupe: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

trouver un logement en guadrloupe est des plus faciles annonces ou agences immobiliere  un guadeloupéen a toujour quelque chose a louer le probleme le prix surfait maison 700 a 800 € acheter pire encore trouver un endroit pour y vivre deux villes a evité pointe-a -pitre et basse-terre sinon vivre sur la basse terre climat plus tempéré pour un européen vivre en grande terre aride et très chaud

Bonjour halanzynois et bienvenue sur Expat.com!

Merci pour votre contribution.

Harmonie.:)

This reply will be helpful for those seeking temporary living arrangements in Guadeloupe, from a few weeks to a few months.
Of course, there is always couchsurfing.org for those who want to stay with a local.

For the French equivalent to Craigslist, I recommend a site I visit many days a week for various reasons: Le Bon Coin. (The good corner, or the right neighborhood or spot...) It's all in French and I don't see any English language option. If you make an effort to translate the words on the site you can understand easily enough I believe. Contacting the posters on the other hand may prove more difficult if there is a language barrier.

I did a fast search on Craigslist and found one English language listing for Guadeloupe rentals, in Grande Anse. A beautiful neck of the woods, the north east tip of Basse-Terre.

vrbo.com is a site I have used once or twice. I never actually rented but was in contact with some of the owners/posters, and received fast replies with complete and  personal answers.

This is an edited version of my original post about finding a place to stay in Guadeloupe:
wp.me/p1zreZ-7h