Kyoto Foreign Professionals Support Group

I am interested in forming a group/support group for foreign professionals based in Kyoto. I have noticed that there are several groups for exchange students, but nothing for people who are working here and may find themselves a bit more isolated. So far, it has been difficult to meet other foreigners even though I constantly see them everywhere I go. I think that the group should meet once a month or so in a casual setting to share tips, and discuss working or living issues. It would provide a great opportunity to make friends with other people in similar situations. Anyone is welcome to attend, but the goal of these get-togethers will not be language exchange. Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Courtney

Hi Courtney,
My husband and I read your post and would definitely be interested in meeting up to discuss tips and experiences of living in Kyoto.  My husband was recently transferred over here for work and we've been here for about a month. Let us know if you're still interested in forming a group or just grabbing a drink sometime. Talk to you soon.
Keriann :)