Moving to Kuala lumpur, need help in Housing and School Information et

we are living in karachi, pakistan.
My hubby got a job and his office in the PETRONAS TWIN TOWER,kuala lumpur city center. I am so upset because first time moving abroad. his salaary is after tax after tax is 21000 malaysian ringet/ month. i have two kids aging 7 and 5 years.
anyone please give the following information to help me:-

a) Can this salary will be ok to live in kuala lumpur?

b) please recommend area to live and the rent idea please if i don' t have car as i have listened the issue of traffic jam?

c) please recommend international school that following british curriculum, that having bus facility and school close to my house and hubby's office.

d) any idea about
   house/ condo rent ?
   utility bills (electricity, gas, phone) ?
   transport ?
   school fee ?
   food ( not hoteling) ?
we also want to save money because it is contract job.

Hi Aafia,

I'm Tan a Malaysian .Nice to meet you .
I working as a property agent if you want to rent house/condo I can help you. I think you better get a house near that area or near the transport(LRT) area .I will send some detail later on.Let me know how long you are going to stay here. Beside that we can be friend too .Hope to get your respone

Thank You

Hi aafia,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I have moved your topic on the Kuala Lumpur forum for better visibility.

aafia wrote:

we are living in karachi, pakistan.
My hubby got a job and his office in the PETRONAS TWIN TOWER,kuala lumpur city center. I am so upset because first time moving abroad. his salaary is after tax after tax is 21000 malaysian ringet/ month. i have two kids aging 7 and 5 years.
anyone please give the following information to help me:-

a) Can this salary will be ok to live in kuala lumpur?

b) please recommend area to live and the rent idea please if i don' t have car as i have listened the issue of traffic jam?

c) please recommend international school that following british curriculum, that having bus facility and school close to my house and hubby's office.

d) any idea about
   house/ condo rent ?
   transport ?
   school fee ?
   food ( not hoteling) ?
we also want to save money because it is contract job.

The salary your husband have is pretty good paid and can live very well in Kuala Lumpur.

please recommend area to live and the rent idea please if i don' t have car as i have listened the issue of traffic jam?

KLCC area will be closer to his work, but rental will be slightly expensive, unless your husband company is giving rental allowance, you need to check what is the budget.

please recommend international school that following british curriculum, that having bus facility and school close to my house and hubby's office.

SAYFOL is in Jalan Ampang, which is established British Curriculum international school. Garden International located in Mont Kiara / British International School of Kuala Lumpur located in Bandar Utama / Alice Smith International School - these are the British curriculum school. You can go GOOGLE their website.

d) any idea about
   house/ condo rent ?
   transport ?
   school fee ?
   food ( not hoteling) ?

RENTAL - depends on the location and the type of houses/condo you are seeking for. Condo: Kampung Warisan - nr to LRT is cheaper rent compare to Hampshire Park / Hampshire Residence or Dua Residences or Pavilion Residence. you may go to: www.iproperty.com.my to find more. Search location: KLCC

Utility bills - Roughly RM1000 (depends on your usage)

Transport - if you don't have transport, you need to stay closer to LRT will be cheaper than the area only have to use Taxi 24/7/365days, very expensive in the long run. If is driving, petrol/fuel is around RM1.90 - RM2.00 / litre. you need to pay Toll in Kuala Lumpur depends on where you going too, some area no need to pay toll.

school fees - international schools fees, go to visit their website, sending email to check the latest fees and your questions too.

FOODS - buying from the markets or hypermarket, also depends on what you buy. hard to give you an amount.

Thanks a lot for very useful info.
I have gone through the website of different school.

1)Please tell me about Nexus school good and bad things?

2)school bus routes are also mentioned below but preference is to select condo/flat close to school but LRT station closeby as my husband office will be in Petronas twin tower and grocery market nearby.

3) please recommend different condo for residenace and their rent if you don't mind please.[/b]
School information is below:- 
Nexus International School, Putrajaya 
Jalan Diplomatik 3/6, 62050 Putrajaya, Federal Territory of Putrajaya, Malaysia
+60 3-8889 3868 () ‎
Bus route 1 : Mont Kiara/Bangsar
Bus route 2: Ampang/Prince Hotel
Bus route 3: Puchong/IOI Resort/Putrajaya
Country Heights(am)
Bus route 4: Cheras/Sri Petaling/Tmn. Desa
Bus route 5: Damansara Kim/Subang
Country Heights(pm)

to give you an idea of my budget is 2000 RM  to 4000RM.

we want 2 bed furnished condo.

please also give an idea of food expense per month for 4 member family( we prefer home cooking not hoteling). any idea?

Hi firstly at the moment there are no places in any international schools in KL. Changes in law (now anyone can apply I including locals) has opens the flood gates. This will push up the substantial costs.

21k for a family is very low and depending on the job may be seriously below Market rates. Once you have got a place to stay, two cars, got medical insurance and paid the school fees a large chunk of that will disappear. Ok can live on that but expats need to save  money for retirement and relocation back home. I would at least ask for free school, free family medical cover and at least one car on top of that salary.

Really 21000 RM / month after tax is small amount. It is around 7000 US dollar. I can live with this amount in London too.

Please suggest about school, i eamiled to diiferent school last month. they did not mention this no seat problem.

Hi aafia,
I wont be able to suggest schools but if you have school going kids then trust me klcc and ampang area isnt gd for accommodation. It take an hour to reach klcc from ampang which is at 4km distance.

For a condo ranging from 2-4k , i think for that you should consider Titiwangsa Sentral coz from there you can take Jalan Tun Razak(Road) which leads to KLCC and other areas. Its easy to take bus or train from that area as well.

PS: am not a real estate agent :D

see yea

Hi, we haven't experienced that difficulty with schools either. I was under the impression that the rules changed several years back. We found Alice Smith couldn't offer us a place and would have to put us on a waiting list, but other schools were fine.
I've got a friend who  sends her children to Nexus...she is happy with the school!