Good Indian Restaurants in Porto

Hi,
I am a student pursuing my Phd in FEUP Porto.
I come from Karnataka,India.
Have visited Thaali near Aliados and the Indian restaurant opposite the Campanha station.
Both were decent and reasonably priced.
Do you know of any other restaurants that I could try ?
Also any Indian communities here in Porto ?

--D

Welcome to Expat-blog, travel_maniac :)

To be in touch with your country fellow men, you could view the Indian expatriates network in Porto.

Regards,
Sheetul

There's an Indian restaurant down the Boavista avenue: if you go in the direction of the sea, take the left street right after Sheraton Hotel. It's situated on the left side. I wouldn't consider it cheap though.

I've heard of another one near the "campo 24 de Agosto", but haven't been there yet.

Also, you might want to try a place called "Taj Mahal" (not entirely sure about the name, though), situated near the station of S. Bento, in a street named "31 de Janeiro".

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= … 08229&z=17

Hope this helps.

Hi!

The one on Boavista Avenue is called Mendi (you can find it on Facebook). It's quite good but quite expensive, also. Mendi has sort of a sister restaurant by the river in Gaia called Sitar (sitar.com.pt)

The one Remi mentioned by the Campo 24 de Agosto is Indian Tandoori on Rua Fernandes Tomás, 232. Cheaper but a bit dodgy. I've enjoyed some meals there but others were pretty bad... The best part is that the tv there is always set on an indian channel!

Enjoy!

Mendi Restaurante Indiano
Avenida da Boavista
1430, Loja 1
(ao lado do/right next to Hotel TiaraParkAtlantic)
Tel/phone: 22 609 1200

Indian Tandoori
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&hq=&hne … 27,,1,0.53

Thanks Remi and Spot!!

You can always take a look in (mdoerated: no free ads on the forum pls) restaurantes porto and search for a restaurant according to the city or type of cuisine. Good Luck

Is there any where I can buy in Porto Indian Food ingredients, NOT Chinese. I am looking for large jars of chutneys, curry powders etc

nandnjudge wrote:

Is there any where I can buy in Porto Indian Food ingredients, NOT Chinese. I am looking for large jars of chutneys, curry powders etc

There is a small store inside the Centro Comercial Bombarda that sells Indian food ingredients, check it out!