Learn Bhasa

i would like to learn "bhasa" & looking for class. any recommendations. available on sat/sundays

Don't have any recommendations for real life teachers. But I just started using livemocha.com this week and I must say I'm quite impressed with how well it works.

You are expected to help other people with your native language and others do the same with you. There are a lot of Indonesian people on there that are very helpful, you might even be able to hook up with someone who's actually in Jakarta.

Hope this helps!

ciao

I am going to learn Bahasa as well and I was recommended the School of Language, but I have not got around to starting myself. They do private as well as class lessons but I am not sure what days the classes are on. The number is 021 6888 8246 and email is [email protected].

I think having Indonesian friends is a fun and best way to learn English efectively :)

make contact with the local and your Bahasa will be improve, that's fun way.

why do you want to learn bahasa?:)

Like anna said, make friends with local citizen. You may learn slang words too lol

hi,,,
try atmajaya university, they classes in their language institution. The universtiy located in sudirman street, next to plaza semanggi.. and for sure u must mingle with the locals... for the slang languages, which will be more helpful.. enjoy the life in jakarta....

putri rara wrote:

I think having Indonesian friends is a fun and best way to learn English efectively :)

I can't argue with that.
I hardly know any bule here and have made almost no effort to find any. Getting to know the locals helps you integrate into Indonesian life at a far faster rate.

Try to call University of Indonesia, they have program "BIPA" for foreigner that wanna learn bahasa indonesia. Start in January - May and August - December.

For start it , i recomend, livemocha.com too :) selamat belajar bahasa.

actually i teach Bahasa Indonesia to middle-top level executives, models, etc.
i am providing the info on the tuition below and mod if its inappropriate please remove my post, as i don't fully comprehend what sort of posts are allowed and not here, cheerio :D

oh btw

I also provide non profit Bahasa Indonesia coaching for back packers.

I come and teach at the student's office or residence, pretty much any designated location.

below are the information of the tuition

-----------------------------------

Scotsdale's schedule available for morning business English/business Bahasa Indonesia program.

(moderated)

Hi kardus,

You should post this in the classifieds > classes section.

Thank you.

Hi christine tx for the info :)

Heelllooouuuuu!! first of all is not "Bhasa" is "Bahasa Indonesia" okay!! because if u only study Bahasa i dont now what languages u want to study bcos Bahasa is mean Language..... okayyy... Pliss Deh jangan Lebayyyy :p XoXo Lee

mas fred wrote:
putri rara wrote:

I can't argue with that.
I hardly know any bule here and have made almost no effort to find any. Getting to know the locals helps you integrate into Indonesian life at a far faster rate.

Hi Anant,
Just suggest, that you must be patient, because bahasa has many synonym, so like other languages, we have to practises more so that we can chose suitable words to express what will you want to do, politely of course.

[Moderated: post in the Jakarta classifieds]

enjoy learning bahasa...

best regards,
fauzi

I studied at Atma Jaya University (located on Sudirman street, next to Plaza Semanggi or in front of Aston Apartement). There're some expats who took bahasa class here, and i know some of them. If you want a further info, just PM me :)
And, just a suggest, it will be improved if you have some indonesian friend so you can practice it all the time.

cheers!

I'm really going to have to get round to a real course or even a language swap.
I can manage a simple conversation, directions, shopping and so on but I need more vocab (Yes - I've been too lazy to learn) and the ins and outs of the ter, bers and so on.
Ideas in the BSD area would be handy.