Canada Day Celebrations in Glasgow 2011

Hello. I'm trying to arrange a Canada Day Party in Glasgow. If there is enough interest it would be held at Bar Bacchus, on Glassford St in Glasgow. We're looking at getting some Moosehead in and putting Rye on special. There has been mention of poutine. Lot's of classic Canadian tunes that you never get to hear in the bars in Scotland. There is also a possibility of a shoot out contest or maybe even a bit of street hockey. If you or someone you know would like to go, PM me and I'll send you a link with more details, or simply join the Bacchus Glasgow facebook site and post your interest there. This hasn't been given the go ahead yet, but I'd like to see it happen.
Cheers, Hope to see you there. Alex Middleton

www.canadadayglasgow.webs.com

I had a similar idea in Edinburgh. We're having a bbq in the meadows. I didn't think of the moosehead but I know a shop that sells it.

http://www.meetup.com/canadiansinedinbu … /19589951/

I used to work for Peckham's. They can get it. If you get a decent amount they'll give you a bit of a discount too. It's normally £1.99/bottle, but if you get a case or more they'll knock it down.

Hi mid_alex,

could you please stop posting the same message on all the forums? (I had to "moderate" them)

thanks

Sure. Sorry.

I'm not trying to be a spammer.

I haven't been home in quite a few years. I've come into a circumstance where I can host a Canada Day party, but I need to quickly gain interest or it won't happen.

It won't happen again,
Sorry,

Alex

It's confirmed. It is on!

:top:

I have been living in Glasgow for some time now, and this time of year is the only time I feel homesick. There are very few Canada celebrations outside of London, so let's start one here in Glasgow.

The party will be held at Bar Bacchus on Glassford St. in downtown Glasgow.

Moosehead and Labatts beer and Rye whiskey on offer. Maybe some poutine. There's even talk of a shootout competition. And of course, nothing but Canadian tunes all night long. Everything from RnB to Country. Celine to Choke.

This is a free event.

Doors are at 7pm and the party kicks off at 9pm with an introduction from a very special guest. Cheers and hope to see you there.

--Alex

23/06/2011 Update:

Hi Everybody,
Here's the menu for our Canada Day Celebrations at Bacchus Glasgow.

Food will stop at 9pm.

Poutine tasters (freebies)

Alaskan Smoked Salmon with Sweet Chilli Tiger Prawns £6.50

Bison Beef Burger with dressed Salad and Chunky Chips £8.50

Warm Pancakes with Maple Syrup & Vanilla Ice Cream £4.50

Nanaimo Bars £2

And we're trying to get in some Crown Royal. We already have C.C.

--Alex

canadadayglasgow.webs.com

That was a blast. Keep an eye on the website for next year. Join the facebook group. Next year will be better.

facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/230154780331518?ap=1www.canadadayglasgow.webs.com

great ! I hope you had a good time :)

Though I am not from Canada but really liked the idea of celebration.

Hope I join u guys someday .

Have fun.