LEAVING FROM, GOING TO... LIBYA

WHEN all and everyone seem to leave Libya,

I am wanting to GO TO LIBYA.

On Feb. 12, 2011 I was on my second to the last step of going to Libya... to work in TRIPOLI MEDICAL CENTER to work as a nurse,

see, I'm a filipino nurse, and the slim chances of having a chance to work in my country- the Philippines is very very limited.
I am only 24 yrs old and I have decided to finally work abroad,,,

but FATE comes, and it was suspended. the DFA banned the deployment of overseas workers in Bahrain, Yemen and LIBYA. =(

I ALWAYS SAY THIS, "WHEN ALL IS VERY EAGER OF LEAVING FROM LIBYA, going to the borders and stuff,
I AM THINKING AND WANTING OF GOING TO LIBYA.

Anyone knows till when will these protests last?

Can anyone update me of the latest developments in the move of the Libyan people and its matters of welcoming again Foreigners & ex-pats n their country,...

I am really looking forward of the GOOD NEWS...

Hi

it is not good to think only about yourself and your career and job.
think about Libyans who die everyday.

However, Libya after getting Gaddafi out, will be better for Libyans and non Libyans. there will be better job vacancies for foreigners and it will be a better country. and of course we need your (foreigners) help to build Libya to be a country like UAE.

I agree with Sleepy...am sick of hearing people complain about gas prices here in the US.  Someone came to my office the other day to complain about how hard it was for them. My response to her was:
"This is my worry - one of my best friends is trapped in her house in the city center of Zawia, Libya with her paralyzed mom. If the mercenary forces should break through, they are going to rape and kill them."  That shut her up!  I don't have time to worry about everyone's stupid sh...  Even those who are out of immediate danger have problems in that salaries are not exactly being payed - so how can you support your family?

Great post GISgirl!

chid0ry_kaname wrote:

:rolleyes:

We apologise if the fight for democracy and freedom has inconvenienced you.

@GIgirl,

I get to muse over your reaction, and I have thought
"people get to take for granted what they have"

yes, I am from the Philippines and the democracy of our country has been long existing since we had our own "Protest" 25 long years ago... the EDSA REVOLUTION
We Filipinos too experienced what Libya has been experiencing right NOW and I am praying for the success of the 'SHOUT FOR DEMOCRACY" that they are longing for....

Hope the protests won't be that violent so as not to add up the casualties and mortalities, specially the collateral damage of the protests.

Mudman wrote:
chid0ry_kaname wrote:

We apologise if the fight for democracy and freedom has inconvenienced you.

@Mudman ErrM!!

I don't think It will settle soon... could take months or years before peace and new government will be established. I've been there from 2004 to 2006. I feel i'm lucky to be away when this thing happened but feel sorry for those who are there.
If you were there earlier and this thing happened, maybe now you are finding a way to be back home.
Just think that there might be good reason why you did not go to libya...

Hope it calms down soon, I am KNACKERED, see earlier post for contact details, IF IT'S URGENT
OB

GISgirl wrote:

Even those who are out of immediate danger have problems in that salaries are not exactly being payed - so how can you support your family?

- I am single. =)
we all have our stories to tell. I already invested time, effort, money on GOING TO, AND WORKING IN LIBYA until fate comes...
I'm losing all hopes, and thinking of possibly closing my doors now for that Libya opportunity. although my agency said that once the chaos is over, new expatriates brave enough to come to Libya will have their salary doubled... an info I recieved from someone workong in the Ministry of Health in Tripoli.

- I am single. =)

Ummmm.... just for the record, I'm straight!

democracy, simply means you allow another dictator to rule for 4-6yrs!!! so luck for democracy when you get hit with higher gas prices apart from other things.. [email protected]

I AM STRAIGHT TOO!!!
@GISgirl,
that was in response to your post---

GISgirl wrote:

I agree with Sleepy...am sick of hearing people complain about gas prices here in the US.  Someone came to my office the other day to complain about how hard it was for them. My response to her was:
"This is my worry - one of my best friends is trapped in her house in the city center of Zawia, Libya with her paralyzed mom. If the mercenary forces should break through, they are going to rape and kill them."  That shut her up!  I don't have time to worry about everyone's stupid sh...  Even those who are out of immediate danger have problems in that salaries are not exactly being payed - so how can you support your family?

Mudman wrote:
chid0ry_kaname wrote:

We apologize if the fight for democracy and freedom has inconvenienced you.

Gernademan wrote:
Mudman wrote:
chid0ry_kaname wrote:

We apologi[b]ze if the fight for democracy and freedom has inconvenienced you.[/b]

Totally agree, whilst I understand people are concerned about their financial situation, I would ask them to take a step back and think of all the suffering that ordinary Libyan's are going through on a daily basis, prior to asking 'when will we/I get back' or 'will I get double my salary on return'. People are dying in Libya for what they believe in, please try and be a bit more sensitive to the situation there.

chid0ry_kaname wrote:

It is not a protest. It is a civil war. You can use google news to follow the events if you want.

chid0ry_kaname wrote:

.. my agency said that once the chaos is over, new expatriates brave enough to come to Libya will have their salary doubled...

Libya wasn't that safe for foreigners during times of peace and the iron fisted rule of the Quadaffi military and police regieme, so imagine what it might have turned into now.

I think until the powers that be put forth and act on an exit strategy this is not going to be over. They could be chasing "forces loyal to.." for many years to come.

douglas1969 wrote:

Libya wasn't that safe for foreigners during times of peace and the iron fisted rule of the Quadaffi military and police regieme, so imagine what it might have turned into now.

Totally agree with. I have a great concern about being secure. People with mean intentions (burglars, rapists etc) that could hardly express themselves during Quaddafi, will celebrate "democracy" by applying their "skills". Thats why if I ever to come back to Libya I dont think i will bring my family with me.
Democracy can not be setup by force (escpecially from abroad). The society itself should be ready for it. People of the country should reach certain level of self-consciousness, because democracy is not just freedom, it is first of all being able and willing to take responsibility for your deeds.

Masterr wrote:
douglas1969 wrote:

Totally agree with. I have a great concern about being secure. People with mean intentions (burglars, rapists etc) that could hardly express themselves during Quaddafi, will celebrate "democracy" by applying their "skills". Thats why if I ever to come back to Libya I dont think i will bring my family with me.
Democracy can not be setup by force (escpecially from abroad). The society itself should be ready for it. People of the country should reach certain level of self-consciousness, because democracy is not just freedom, it is first of all being able and willing to take responsibility for your deeds.

I agree with this masterr...If one want something like democracy for the Libyans,Libyans themselves must realize first and formost that they desperately need and want democracy to rule in their country and the rest of their actions to acquire such will follow suit!Otherwise...it would just turn out to be like"Iraq".

I'm one of the affected expats who left Tripoli last March 2011...but glad to be safe now.But still the dilemma of being jobless haunt me and my family to survive on a day to day basis to sustain our needs.Good thing there is still other destinations to go for work...safe and more stable like the Mid East and other GCC countries.Though my family and I loss some properties(sold some real estate in order to sustain our financial obligations), things are not that bad enough to restart again.Libya will always be around if one wants to go back to work there, but safety is first a priority above all else in a warzone situation.I pray that the Libyans will live a democratic life.They deserve a better life to live and a leader that would make Libya a more civilized country.

chid0ry_kaname wrote:

WHEN all and everyone seem to leave Libya,

I am wanting to GO TO LIBYA.

On Feb. 12, 2011 I was on my second to the last step of going to Libya... to work in TRIPOLI MEDICAL CENTER to work as a nurse,

see, I'm a filipino nurse, and the slim chances of having a chance to work in my country- the Philippines is very very limited.
I am only 24 yrs old and I have decided to finally work abroad,,,

but FATE comes, and it was suspended. the DFA banned the deployment of overseas workers in Bahrain, Yemen and LIBYA. =(

I ALWAYS SAY THIS, "WHEN ALL IS VERY EAGER OF LEAVING FROM LIBYA, going to the borders and stuff,
I AM THINKING AND WANTING OF GOING TO LIBYA.

Can anyone update me of the latest developments in the move of the Libyan people and its matters of welcoming again Foreigners & ex-pats n their country,...

I am really looking forward of the GOOD NEWS...

Deployment of OFW(Overseas Filipino Worker) is still banned to Libya.Although last month there was a representative of Libyan government(under the leadership of Khaddafi, that's what he represents) who was campaigning here in the Philippines last month that"Libya is in chaos due to the terrorists infiltration and not due to Libyan leaders", our country didn't "buy" that campaign, so to date Libya is still flagged as one of the destinations banned to deploy OFWs.

If you are well experienced in a hospital setting, why not try Mid East and GCC countries, net pay is higher as it is tax free and you don't pay for your medical, visa and ticket(in Libya you pay on your own yearly), even accomodation amenities and utilities like water and electricity you pay too in Libya.In the Mid East, when the contract says free accomodation, that includes utilities, house itself and amenities except the phone and internet connection...This is just my suggestion if you really want to go to work overseas in a safer destination. For more browsing of RN jobs, browse workabroad.com.ph.Goodluck!