International Driver's License

Hi.Im new here in oman.I just want to know if I can convert my Philippine international driver's license to omani license and how much would it cost?Thank you

You may have to go for regular test and I hope other than gulf countries driving licenses are being converted in to Omani driving licenses. I got UAE driving license against my Omani driving license in 2005.

UPDATE:
HI TO ALL EXPAT:

INTERNATIONAL DRIVER'S LICENSE IS NOT CONVERTIBLE TO OMANI DRIVER'S LICENSE.YOU CAN USE THE LICENSE ONLY IF YOU ARE A TOURIST FOR A MAX.OF 3 MOS.

ONCE YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF OMAN,THEN YOU HAVE TO TAKE DRIVING LESSONS PASS THE DRIVING EXAM.THOUGH THERE IS A SHORTCUT IF YOU HAVE A LICENSE IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY JUST HAVE IT ATTESTED FROM YOUR EMBASSY TO PROVE THAT YOUR LICENSE IS NOT FAKE.SECONDLY,YOU HAVE TO PAY 5 RIALS FOR STAMP IN MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (MUSCAT),LASTLY GO TO ROYAL OMAN POLICE GET A TRAINING LICENSE BOOKLET FOR 5 RIALS AND GET A ROAD TEST.

GOOD LUCK...

Hi,

Few friends says we can use Indian International Driving Licence which is valid for 1 yrs issued from India... Using that we can drive car in Oman for an year !! I may be wrong... Has any expat tried this way and succeeded or failed  ????

Can you share your taughts plz ???

@ Cars : If you are a permanent resident of Oman, you are expected to obtain an Omani Driving License, anyone staying for more than 3 months is considered a permanent residence of Oman.

I got my learning license Muscat Oman , but I have a Indian license also which is 4 year old ... But during my learning license I dint know that we should attest it first then to get LL .... Now can I get it attested & get exclusion for slope & drum test ... Kindly advise

I have obtained abook in Oman which exempts me from doing drum and slope as i have got sri lankan licence but as per the new rule(i heard from friends )ROP is not issuing any of that.If you have british licence you can change it over the counter

Latest Update:
•    If you have international  license you can use it for only one condition i.e
•    You should be only visitor in Oman (3 Months). If you have residence or employment Visa you can't use your international License here.
•    Even you have your country license no matter how old, you should start from the beginning i.e Eye Test, Signal Test, Drum test, Slope Test & Road Test for obtaining your Driving License in Oman.
So bad And Sad News…

i have UAE automatic driving licensee  is this possible to convert in Omani  DL,
if not so either i have to go all classes or directly test, and what test  i need to pass please any one guide.