..who wins in the war??

..While I was thinking about those thousands who died fighting for freedom, I can't help trying to put my shoes(at least in mind) to those mothers/wives who lost their husbands/sons in battle. In my present state of mind(I'm not sure if it'll be the same if I'm Libyan longing for freedom), my reaction (MAYBE) would be keeping away my loved one to join the battle(call me selfish, I'll accept) and I will tell him, "How can I be happy being free, when my source of happiness is you and you are not here with me"?.."I'd rather want my life now with you, than being free without you".."I don't need a hero, I need a son/husband".  Nobody wins in the war. At the end of the day, even if they have achieved what they've been longing, still when they look back, they will find themselves grieving for THOUSANDS who need to sacrifice their lives for freedom. War leaves a sad story...and a scar..:-(

katutubongPinoy wrote:

..While I was thinking about those thousands who died fighting for freedom, I can't help trying to put my shoes(at least in mind) to those mothers/wives who lost their husbands/sons in battle. In my present state of mind(I'm not sure if it'll be the same if I'm Libyan longing for freedom), my reaction (MAYBE) would be keeping away my loved one to join the battle(call me selfish, I'll accept) and I will tell him, "How can I be happy being free, when my source of happiness is you and you are not here with me"?.."I'd rather want my life now with you, than being free without you".."I don't need a hero, I need a son/husband".  Nobody wins in the war. At the end of the day, even if they have achieved what they've been longing, still when they look back, they will find themselves grieving for THOUSANDS who need to sacrifice their lives for freedom. War leaves a sad story...and a scar..:-(

What's the point of family togetherness if every now and then the place you live in would be chaotic? Freedom offers all, that's why it is not so cheap to gardner it.Better for the Libyan people to be freed from tyranny and a liar leader now than to regret forever.The "now" need you are saying is equated like an "id" of a person that after having enjoyed it...the meaning is loss because it is not a lifetime to enjoy or benefit from it.

Whatever is going on to some "African" nation with this so called "domino effect" of a taste of freedom...It is good.Because at the end of the day, if they succeed it is not only phenomenal but a better place for their loved ones to live in...not only for them but for the children children's future. Hail to the Libyan people fighting for their freedom. My prayer is that they'll be liberated and can enjoy life to the fullest as what other nations are benefitting from it.'Bout time...Go Libyans go...Ha!ha!

dazzlingjaney wrote:

What's the point of family togetherness if every now and then the place you live in would be chaotic?

..In my seven months of stay in Libya, I haven't experience a chaotic life (except an instance that I have been harassed). But I dunno really, above is jut me and my emotional self speaking. Still, I am proud for those Libyans who sacrificed their personal dreams and ambition for the sake of their nation.

Kudos!!

You only get losers in war, when the cost is counted it will be high. My prayers go to my Libyan friends. Hopefully I will be back soon.

Looks like they are walking it. Fingers crossed.

katutubongPinoy wrote:
dazzlingjaney wrote:

What's the point of family togetherness if every now and then the place you live in would be chaotic?

..In my seven months of stay in Libya, I haven't experience a chaotic life (except an instance that I have been harassed). But I dunno really, above is jut me and my emotional self speaking. Still, I am proud for those Libyans who sacrificed their personal dreams and ambition for the sake of their nation.

Kudos!!

Let's get to the focal point of your topic...this is exactly what I am talking all about, a sacrificial action for the betterment of Libyan people and their nation in the future.

I am not talking about "US" or expats nor our emotional attachmennt on this topic...Come to think if Libya is a democratic nation with the basic fundamental rights each citizen there given recognition...it follow suits the expats too or a worker is treated well.When the fundamental law of the land is "chaotic" or with "inorderliness" (means whatever goes...everyone will go with the flow of what the leader wants even it means killing and injustice for everyone...that's really "CHAOTIC", and that's what I meant)...

Been in the place nearly two years(worked and lived here) and had known the place enough with this duration...but I wouldn't go back to this place again unless it is managed by a leader with good disposition and upright morale to uphold the ideals of democracy.Never in my 10 years of stay in the Middle East was I looted with my salary because of a corrupt Finance Manager(that's what I experienced in Libya, monthly salary is robbed from me 100LD even most of my colleagues and no amount of questioning and clarifications would stopped the guy)...Never too have I experienced a three months waiting time of salary, paying my medicals, visa and taxes and worst is accomodation amenities and utilities that you pay( in my contract it had stated we have free accomodation but surprisingly not when I arrived!) and the HR won't allow my husband for me to get him in the country as my dependent(because he is an American National and they said "MAMNU" whew!!!I worked in a military hospital BTW)...So is there an order in this kinda' situation...Whew! I am better off staying in PI rather than constantly battling with this "chaotic" event daily if such is the case or better yet go back to the Mid East as workers are more treated well with the place more to offer to expats(even with some restrictions), especially comfort and safety.That's why, the locals are looting and being corrupt too because of the system and the leadership of the one managing the country... Even GOD, is a GOD in order! And I believed, it is not yet too late for the Libyans to change and acquire freedom!

Clansman wrote:

You only get losers in war, when the cost is counted it will be high. My prayers go to my Libyan friends. Hopefully I will be back soon.

Three thumbs up for this Clansman...Freedom for the Libyans goes beyond for what will come as their future.Cheerio!!!

Clansman wrote:

Hey there. We want you back in TIP as soon as your company resumes its operations. Tripoli misses you :D

I hope all the fine folks on the Libya forum...Clansman...Sandman...and others, will come back to Libya in the future and help us pick up the pieces and build a Libya that the people deserve.

rest assured, my friend - I for one will definitely be back - as soon as I can!!!  :D

:))

ATTENTION: Tripoli is in dire need of medical personal-doctors and nurses alike. Please contact Ibrahim Momen at 416-999-1038 if you are interested or know someone who is interested in heading there for emergency work. Any non-Libyan doctors/nurses will be covered for travel costs and we will facilitate Visa applications. PLEASE SPREAD WIDELY. Thank you

Thanks ever so much Officeboy.

..@dazzlingjaney; we all have different story way back in Libya..I'm sad that you had a not good one. And I think I'm lucky enough that I have been spared from those situation that you have gone through, my Libyan employer paid me a whole month salary for a 2weeks work..(2 weeks work due to not stable situation) and I left without an unpaid salary.

officeboy wrote:

ATTENTION: Tripoli is in dire need of medical personal-doctors and nurses alike. Please contact Ibrahim Momen at 416-999-1038 if you are interested or know someone who is interested in heading there for emergency work. Any non-Libyan doctors/nurses will be covered for travel costs and we will facilitate Visa applications. PLEASE SPREAD WIDELY. Thank you

...really?My MIDWIFE cousin will be excited to know this..I will tell her as soon as I finished typing this.