Moving to Jakarta

HI there!

I will be moving to Jakarta by mid of April and I would like to know more about the cost of living in Jakarta and on the average scale how much does a simple flat cost? Will I be able to find a place to stay for 200 usd a month?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks!!

Jenny

it depend in what area u stay..

south jakarta I suppose...If you could give me more information I really appreciate that.

I hope this website can help u :)
jakarta.asiaxpat.com

cheers

Thanks for the website... :-)

200$ for a month just only for a place to stay is enough, you could ask some friend from jakarta to help you find a nice place around that price.

Thanks!! If there is anything I need to know more about Jakarta, please let me know. I have been to Batam island and apart from that there is no other place in Indonesia I have been.

hi there jenny , well im renting my apartment in Kelapa Gading area , around 10 minutes by foot to the mall and food Centre (Western,Asian,and European food). unfortunately it's located in North Jakarta , i don't know if this can suits you. 24 hours security, swimming pool, free shuttle bus to the mall, ac,tv, 2 bedrooms, etc.

average cost would be around Rp.50-100K, -+10 usd per day (3x meals). Of course It depends on how often you usually eat :P

If you arrived at the airport , never take the taxi / cab , those guys probably charge you more than 10 USD / Rp.100.000 to take you to central jakarta. It would be more cheaper to take the "DAMRI Bus" to Gambir Station (Central Jakarta) only cost you around 2.5 USD or RP.25.000, the bus are very comfort with air conditioner. than you can get the taksi from there to reach each corner of jakarta. You can ask this on the information.

backpacker usually take the "jalan jaksa" area , on south jakarta. simple flat would be around 250 USD - 500 USD per month , depends on the location,facility, and interior :)

let me know if you interest on this one , i would be glad to help you in jakarta
my email : [email protected]

salam !

yep, you dont have to worry once you're in jakarta, i will help you too in jakarta. if you need something you could contact us here or at yahoo messanger.

my ym is [email protected]

when you will arrive at jakarta? so how's batam? nice?

Thanks guys!!!

I will be mailing you on your emails.

Batam is okay, nothing much to see but cheap goods to buy hehehe.. i will be in jakarta next week. i hope to meet you there...

Cheers,
Jenny

hay.. may i know you? my name is ken.... can u add me on facebook?

hi.. with 200usd/month surely you can get a simple flat. i recommend some units in karet pedurenan street, setiabudi area. they called it homestay but very clean and well organized. plus very strategic. its located in south-but-central too jakarta.
anything else,can reach me on 6221 92750486.
[email protected]

you can live at golden mansion, its around pondok pinang, i live in here and its a really awesome place, it only takes 170 usd per month :)