Rent a flat or a house in Abu Dhabi

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Abu Dhabi. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Abu Dhabi.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Abu Dhabi?

How to find a home in Abu Dhabi: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

i think its not easy to find one , it need alot of $$$

Hi, we have moved to our new home so the experience is still fresh for  me. I have highlighted in bold my answers to your questions.

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Abu Dhabi?  No. there are a lot of vacant flats in abu dhabi, what's hard is finding the flat that fits the budget!

How to find a home in Abu Dhabi: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies? I prefer classifieds.

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment? It depends on a lot of factors like location, community, old or brand new, amenities, etc. For a one bedroom apartment it can go from as low as 60k to 150k AED.

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation? Mostly landlord require a copy of your passport with visa and the check of course.

Which advice would you give? Have a budget and ensure you have the funds then start looking. Ask all the questions in your head, never mind if you think it's silly, remember there are no silly questions, only silly answers. You need to be comfortable in your new home so better ask the questions now so you know all the facts. Once you've found “THE ONE”, stop looking and go for it!

I hope this helps, happy house tripping to all! by the way I am looking for a filipina housemates, in case your interested, PM me. :)

Hello backpacker and welcome to Expat.com!

Thanks for your contribution.

For your housemate, you may pout an advert in the Abu Dhabi classifieds > flat share section.

Harmonie.:)

Christine wrote:

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Abu Dhabi. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Abu Dhabi.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Abu Dhabi?

How to find a home in Abu Dhabi: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Hi

i can answer your questions, because i spent 6 month search the house.

How to find a home in Abu Dhabi: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies? yes, there a lot of apartments, houses, small villa

its begin from 40000 for one bedroom to 120000 small villa. Actually the apartments rental prices inside abu dhabi Islands is going down because new taxes for parking

Its depends for whats you need and how much your budgets

Thank you for your contribution hamad84!

Hi can anyone tell me the best areas in Abu Dhabi to look for renting a villa (preferably with a garden-no matter how small it is)?
we are hoping to move out in the next few months and want to know the nicest districts/areas for villas as we dont want to be in an apartment.
there are so many sites to look on so would appreciate any help on best sites to look on for property.
Thankyou Beverley

beverley2972 wrote:

Hi can anyone tell me the best areas in Abu Dhabi to look for renting a villa (preferably with a garden-no matter how small it is)?
we are hoping to move out in the next few months and want to know the nicest districts/areas for villas as we dont want to be in an apartment.
there are so many sites to look on so would appreciate any help on best sites to look on for property.
Thankyou Beverley

Depends where you want to live - the most affordable villas with gardens are outside the city.

Look on the property section of Dubizzle Abu Dhabi.

Beverley  ....

There are mnay placese but the main and first question u must ask urself is WHAT IS THE BUDGET? There are lovely places like officers club 4 bed rooms villa with AED 350 K per year and 4 bed rooms villa with AED 170 K in Reef ... ++++ many other places ....

If you want help just contact me ... I am in AD since 11 years and now in Dubai commuting every day

Hello Friends

Thank you for sharing.

Can someone suggest a good area to live in near the airport.   

My budget is 90K AED per anum and looking for 2 bed room apartment.

Thanks in advance.

ame

Hi

Yes near airport there is reef flats within ur budget plus u can try khalifa city

Beverly - you might want to check out SeaShore Villa, next to Mangrove village.  They have a nice garden space and a lot of outdoor greenery.  It is next to the water with a walkway but they are more like townhomes than villas.

Let's be realistic here.

Close to the airport and 90K gets a 2 bed townhouse in the Reef. That's it....

Hi
We are only needing a 2 bedroom villa and preferably with an outdoor space or garden, plus with fairly local amenities close-by as i wont have a car right away.
Also i suppose a fairsize expat community for me especially to get involved in and make friends with.

Are there any areas that would NOT be suitable for what we are looking for ?
I have looked at lots of areas and to be honest its all getting a bit confusing now (with arabian/desert/traditional etc) !!!

Any help will be gratefully received and help in my search
Thankyou
Beverley

Hello Expat friends

I find Beverley has put the question very well and it is important for many of us.

My research(limited to internet)indicates that Al reef has got multiple options in villa and apartments and there seems to be new properties being "released" by the developer.

How would one rate the quality of life in Al reef.Has it got amenities nearby/within and a developed community

Thanks for sharing.

ame

Hi Ame!

May i suggest you to create a new discussion on the Abu Dhabi Forum concerning the quality of life in Al reef?

Thanks!

Francesca

Hi :),

I'm looking for a flat where to live from the end of September 2012 till the end of December 2012. I will bw on my own, so I don't need more then a bed, bathroom and small kitchen; but I will also be glad to share an appartment if this will cut the bills a bit down.

I'm mooving to UAE to improove my arabic and have a deep grammar review.. so if you also know an arabic teacher, it would be great, it will be the best! so please let me know.

I had to move to Damascus, but my city is not safe anymore.

Thankyou for your time.

Have a very nice day,

Y.

Hi... once u come to abu dhabi , will ber very easy to find share accomodation ... so no worries just once u arrive u will be able to find next day ....

@Arabiyya - For the flat search, you should post an advert in the housing in Abi Dhabi section. It might help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

HandsomeMe wrote:

Hi... once u come to abu dhabi , will ber very easy to find share accomodation ... so no worries just once u arrive u will be able to find next day ....

actually i lived around 12 years in Abu Dhabi & Dubai, now its more different from before
prices are more up
no trust to share a flat with some one! same like here in Egypt!
only in case he/she is working in the same place / company.

[Moderated: Please post in Abu Dhabi Housing section]

Hi everyone, I have a chance to work in Abu Dhabi but really don't know where to start, firstly Need to look for an apartment and not pay a years rent upfront, I would like to pay monthly and at a reasonable price, also I have a dog, will a lot of apartments accept my dog and areas. The office is situated in Al Bateen Towers
Bainuna Street. Also airlines.

Sorry for all the questions but I have to let the person know by Sunday if I am interested.

Thanks

Hi all,

Hope everyone is having a great Christmas.    I am due to move out to Abu Dhabi in the new year so it would be really god to know  about what areas I should be looking for accommodation.

I am looking for a family villa preferably 3 to 4 bedrooms  with car parking a compound with other expats hopefully the compound will have shared facilities like a pool,  gym, kids play area.   I have a a 5year old girl so will be looking for a good private school that has the British curriculum and isn't to far from the villa so my wife can drive there easily. Looking at a budget of 100k to 200k a year.

Any ideas anyone. All advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers pav

Arabiyya wrote:

Hi :),

I'm looking for a flat where to live from the end of September 2012 till the end of December 2012. I will bw on my own, so I don't need more then a bed, bathroom and small kitchen; but I will also be glad to share an appartment if this will cut the bills a bit down.

I'm mooving to UAE to improove my arabic and have a deep grammar review.. so if you also know an arabic teacher, it would be great, it will be the best! so please let me know.

I had to move to Damascus, but my city is not safe anymore.

Thankyou for your time.

Have a very nice day,

Y.

Asslamu alaikkum,

I have some on info on learning Arabic, tried to PM you but it says that your inbox is full.

Pav14 wrote:

Hi all,

Hope everyone is having a great Christmas.    I am due to move out to Abu Dhabi in the new year so it would be really god to know  about what areas I should be looking for accommodation.

I am looking for a family villa preferably 3 to 4 bedrooms  with car parking a compound with other expats hopefully the compound will have shared facilities like a pool,  gym, kids play area.   I have a a 5year old girl so will be looking for a good private school that has the British curriculum and isn't to far from the villa so my wife can drive there easily. Looking at a budget of 100k to 200k a year.

Any ideas anyone. All advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers pav

Your best bet is Mohamed Bin Zayed City or Khalifah City.  You can expect to pay about 130K per year for a 3 bed villa upto about 160-170k for a 4/5 bed villa.  Most are on compaounds of 6 villas and many come with shared pools.  Both locations are 30 minutes from the city on a good day and about an hour on a bad one. try dubizzle dot com for some good adverts.

otherwise pm me.

good luck

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.
Thanks for your advice.
I will look into the area when I come over next week.
Have a great new year

Take care Pav

Hello ever body I am Ghanaian looking for room to share or rent but I dont get the my match, any one I will see the person would be looking for either filipians or indian. Can any one help me get one.

Hi all ,

looking to rent a nice one bed flat or studio close to Marina Mall , my budget is 70K , please need help

Regards,

Hi all,

Next June we will move to Abu Dhabi and now start searching for a 4 BR Apartment. Our kids will go to German school at Al Falah Str. (9th) and we prefer to look for an apt nearby. Our budget is around 180K/year. We are looking for an apt if possible which has a swimming pool and gym. An info would be very appreciated.
Rgds,

This summer my husband and I will be moving to Abu Dhabi and teaching at Institute of Applied Technology women campus. I am looking for a 1 bedroom fully furnished apartment that is walking distant or really close to this location. Can anyone help me with this information?

hi everyone there,
a very good bright sunny morning inabudhabi to everyone though very hot outside and humid at night,
my dears i am also in search of a good flat in the city center if any good suggestion from you people who have good knowledge of good towers there in the downtown, Najda and Salam street.
thanks
dr zaheer ahmed

This was of great help, thanks!

Trying to find a suitable accommodation near Mohammed bin Zayed city any good websites to check out before I move in August? Also, when renting what should I look out for?

Cheers