Do and don't in Sao Tome and Principe

Are you living in Sao Tome and Principe? We need you to share your experience of the local customs :)

Is it difficult to adjust to the local customs in Sao Tome and Principe?

Could you please share with us a list of the do's and don't's in Sao Tome and Principe?

Thanks!

Do people have freedom of worship in Sao tome, are churches allowed to operate freely, getting an accomodation in sao tome, what are the cost related charges we are looking it.
What are the main activities in Sao Tome, what are the procedures to apply and obtainment of a residence permit in Sao Tome.

Just be respectful.

Do not go to Sao Tome with an "I am better than you" attitude because you have money.

One of the few Americans who lived and worked there (the only African American EVER), I have seen my White countrymen enter Sao Tome with extremely arrogant attitudes. They come across as insincere and pretentious. They have no experience or appreciation in being around Black people. They have this ingrained attitude that because the people are largely poor, that they can talk down to them, yell at them and mistreat and disrespect them. Sadly, many of my White countrymen are in denial that they are being disrespectful as they feel "White is right." But the people know.  So, please do not do that. Remember, you are in THEIR country and do not allow your dollars and dobras give you a sense of privilege and arrogance.