Rent a flat or a house in the Turks and Caicos Islands

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in the Turks and Caicos Islands. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in the Turks and Caicos Islands.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Which kinds of accommodation are available in the Turks and Caicos Islands?

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in the Turks and Caicos Islands?

How to find a home in the Turks and Caicos Islands: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Hi,

I am about to move to Grand Turk in the Turks and Caicos Islands. Currently looking to rent a house with 4 to 5 rooms for the whole family.

This has proven difficult, especially if you are looking to add a pool or close to downtown. Seems to be that there are two sources that you can use to find housing:
* Real Estate Agents: from my experience, I gather that there are no many agents in Grand Turk. Providenciales seems to be the place where options are more available.

* Local owners: The other option is to find somebody on the ground that can help you to locate owners directly. Then, help you by sending pictures to you and finally negotiation with local owner.

** Monthly Rental for a 3 bdr / 2 bth house, 15 min away from Cockburn, semi-furnished, close to beach, no pool.  USD 2,000 to USD 2,500

** Monthly Rental for 4bdr / 4bth house, 20 min away from cockburn, fully furnished, nice details, no pool, beach front. USD 3,500 to USD 4,500

Utilities are not included.

Thanks for your contribution Landalf!;)

Harmonie.